testtest

Outside My Comfort Zone with the XD-E

Great post Mike, Like the author, I've started moving from exclusively striker fire guns, to buying some hammer fired pistols. Not counting my 1911's, I've recently bought some Beretta 92's, CZ's and most recently, the Springfield Armory XD-E 3.3" 45 caliber. It's a great feeling gun and I like the different options for carry with one in the chamber. I haven't had any range time yet with it (I just picked it up before the pandemic hit, but it came with holster, mag pouch, and soft case all enclosed with the pistol in a hard case). I'm looking forward to firing it when ranges open up in my area.

I'm 51, so when I bought my XDE in .45ACP on its' release, it was like coming home. I grew up during the era of revolvers and (later) DA/SA pistols. So when striker-fired pistols came out, that was an adjustment for me rather than adjusting to DA/SA. In fact, I specifically bought the XDE rather than snapping up an XDS on that release, because I love hammer-fired pistols. In fact, I don't believe I'll ever buy an XDS now, now that the Hellcat has come out. But I love my XDE and I deep conceal it to church in the summertime when I forego a suit coat, yet I still carry two extendo-mag spares on me, and keep an additional two pinky-rest spares in my computer bag.

With violent assaults on churches increasing, and radical marxists vowing to destroy churches and kill Christians since the death of George Floyd, now more than ever having compact & effective defensive tools are de rigeur for every church's security team!

I bought my XDE (9mm) when they first came out, such a relief to see a hammer fired option compared to all the striker fired offerings that were available at that time. I don't trust striker fired and just watched on You Tube a Police Chief shoot himself in the leg in a gun store, no less, while holstering his Glock. The drawstring on his jacket caught on his trigger. I've asked Springfield to come out with a hammer fired Hellcat as that might be the perfect concealed carry piece for me.

I bought my XDE (9mm) when they first came out, such a relief to see a hammer fired option compared to all the striker fired offerings that were available at that time. I don't trust striker fired and just watched on You Tube a Police Chief shoot himself in the leg in a gun store, no less, while holstering his Glock. The drawstring on his jacket caught on his trigger. I've asked Springfield to come out with a hammer fired Hellcat as that might be the perfect concealed carry piece for me.
I saw that video too. One of the reasons why I chose an XD-M was the grip safety, which adds an additional layer of safety for me during holstering. I holster with my thumb off the grip safety and on the back of the slide.

Back