testtest

Paper Targets Can Kill You

Another skunk story…..
Still living at home with parents, got home at 4:30 am from work on my motorcycle, got the bike into the garage and was walking across the patio to back door and I look down and see a black and white medium sized fur ball, the family cat was black and white so I’m thinking no one let her in for the night?
As I get closer and about to reach down and pet our cat I look again and realize it’s a skunk, I froze then slowly backed away. Didn’t get sprayed but I’m sure if I petted it I would have.
Close call.
Good thing you didnt open the door and let “the cat” in 😬😬🤣🤣🤣

I’d like to hear from you just how matches will offset.
Speed? Doing fast drills?
What if one has a bad hip and cant do speed between targets?

Can you enlighten me on your thoughts?

Let me enlighten you, from 2020, to 2022 I had some issues that were attributed to Rheumatoid Arthritis, later the mechanical issue was diagnosed as my hip joints, yes BOTH of them deteriorating to the point of uselessness.
In 22 I had my right hip replaced, it was so far gone that on the day I had it replaced there was nothing but soft tissue holding my leg to my body, and I was almost two inches shorter on that side before the surgery.
In 23 I had the left side replaced, it wasn't as bad as the right side, but it was on its way to where this ride started.
In those two years I shot IPSC/USPSA and local CQB matches. I didn't make it higher than the middle, which incidentally was where I shot when I was whole.
You're only limited by your mindset, I shot in pain you couldn't imagine, and I would never wish you to know the pain. But being stubborn and having a high pain tolerance are both a blessing and a curse.
Matches are manufactured stress, maybe not SHTF stress, but you'd be surprised how many shooters underestimate it when they can't find their magazine when the slide locks back. Or when they don't seat the full mag deep enough to make their weapon functional after reloading.
Matches have their place.

I dunno. I’d think in an actual as a civilian you’d be ahead NOT advancing toward an armed opponent, but retreated behind cover and establishing a defensive position. By doing so you are showing that you are trying to de escalate the situation. By advancing you could be perceived a escalating. Just my 2 cents..
Let me take a wild guess here, you have had no formal training ?

Let me take a wild guess here, you have had no formal training ?
Well yes, I have had training, and no, as a civilian I have no intention of advancing or assaulting an aggressor. I’ll take the best cover I can find and let him come to me everytime given a choice. If one has the option one is always better served by fighting on ground of Your choosing. And again, when you face the 12 in the box you’d best be abl to show that YOU did everything in your power to deescalate the situation. I’d think it’d be darn tough to do if you “charge” . A lot of the tacticool kids have watched too many movies. YMMV

I’m blessed to have a nice 75 yard range at my barn-about 100 yards from my back door👍
And I thought I had it bad. Walk all the way to the barn? Wow, I use the back porch and only have to contended with the Mrs. being made when I use her clothes pins for targets.:devilish:

PAPER TARGETS CAN KILL YOU............ :rolleyes:

If we died from all the things that will get us killed from paper targets to not carrying the latest greatest X, Y, or Z and WWIII, climate change, red meet, egg yokes.... we would all be dead already.
Sadly, I couldn't get past the title to read the article, even tried to skim through and that was a no go also.

It's an even huger mistake to NOT think about the court case long before the shootout occurs, and to take every reasonable measure to AVOID/PRECLUDE the damn shootout in the first place. ;)
I agree more than not, but there is a whole pile of that, that I can't control,

Back