testtest

PDW ammunition

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
Lets say a person (me) has a choice between a couple hundrea Federal HST 230 +p and Federal Hydrashok 210 in .45 ACP. Which would you pick and why?

The 210 is the HydraShok Deep, correct?

And is this for use in a PDW, or just straight up, defensive handgun ammo?

FWIW, my gut says the +P HST, either way...it’s proven in handguns, and in a PDW with a 6-10” barrel it should be devastating...probably expand to over an inch, may suffer a bit in penetration, but will still be deep enough.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. Hydra Shoks were all I shot back in the day. I switched everything over to 230 gr HSTs a few years ago. I’d probably go with those if it were me. I can tell you that even with my sub par pistol skills 7 rounds of HST through a Shield .45 from 15 yards will cut a treated 4x4 completely in half. Proof don’t get no more sciency than that. :)

The 210 is the HydraShok Deep, correct?

And is this for use in a PDW, or just straight up, defensive handgun ammo?

FWIW, my gut says the +P HST, either way...it’s proven in handguns, and in a PDW with a 6-10” barrel it should be devastating...probably expand to over an inch, may suffer a bit in penetration, but will still be deep enough.
Yes, it's the hydrashok deep and it's for a 5" pistol.

I’d choose HST over Hydrashok. I’d just make sure it was decent, not old, returned, dirty HST like some sellers are trying to move right now.

Well we don't all have the available resources to have chronographs, ballistic gel, nuclear fission material and PHDs laying around to help us evaluate stuff. Sometimes you just gotta go out back with big hunks of wood and explosives and see what happens. :)

Well there ya' go!!!! That works too !!! :);):)

Bob, I've been pondering this for awhile now and still not sure ...... so I'm just gonna ask you outright. What is the correct pronunciation of the first part of your name? Is is 'Bass', like the largemouth fish? Or is it 'Bass' and sounds like the 'Ace' you are?

I'm thinking that somewhere way back I read something from you that led me to believe you're into music in some way, so I'd bet on the latter being like maybe you play a bass guitar or something. Would I be right?

Well there ya' go!!!! That works too !!! :);):)

Bob, I've been pondering this for awhile now and still not sure ...... so I'm just gonna ask you outright. What is the correct pronunciation of the first part of your name? Is is 'Bass', like the largemouth fish? Or is it 'Bass' and sounds like the 'Ace' you are?

I'm thinking that somewhere way back I read something from you that led me to believe you're into music in some way, so I'd bet on the latter being like maybe you play a bass guitar or something. Would I be right?
Yes. I’m a bass player. Only fishing I do is fly fishing and TroutBob don’t have the same ring to it. 🤪

Back