testtest

Peak Performance: The New XD-M Elite

Nice weapons. I haven't watched the video, but did it say that the old xdm mags will still function in these? If so I may be buying a new weapon. SA is doing a fine job of making me get rid of my glocks.
The old XDM Mags with old base plate are not comparable with the Elite Magwells, if you remove the Maxwells you are good to go, o change the base plates to the extended versions.

I'll likely get a Elite 5.25 for my practical pistol usage, and move my two XDm Competitions to exclusive EDC use. Although I could use the Precision for that also. In that case I'll have to get a cross-draw so I can accommodate all three. ;)

I run Arredondo extensions on my 19 rd. XDm Competition mags so I wonder if they'd be GTG with that new magwell.

Last edited:
Watching xdman's video he says the standard xdm magazines wont work. Maybe some aftermarket basepads will remedy that situation in the future.

In watching the vid XDman did insert a standard XDm mag in and it locked in fine. He then dropped it out using the frame mag release. So I'm confused when he said they won't work, because it sure did fit..

BUT, perhaps it is that a standard XDm mag could not be extracted by hand because of the flared mag well covers the older base pad entirely, whereas the new Elite base-pads would still allow for that plus the extra capacity.

Maybe he should clarify that.

In reading the Peak Performance article the mag body is the standard 19-rd XDm mag only with +1 & +3 extensions used to bump up the capacity to 20 & 22.

Last edited:
Hey guys, glad you enjoyed the article on the new XD-M Elite series. I think Will did a great job on it. Be sure to keep an out on TAL for reviews of individual models as well here soon.

And by the way, we have another new gun releasing tomorrow. Keep an eye out here in the forum for info on it!
I think I might have to get rid of my XD-9 for one of these models.

wow another one releasing tomorrow. Can’t wait to see what it will be.

I love them. Does anyone know if the extended 22+1 mags will fit the existing XDM OSP in place of the 19+1? I love mine that i use for USPSA Carry Optics and would love the extra rounds without aftermarket basepads.

In watching the vid XDman did insert a standard XDm mag in and it locked in fine. He then dropped it out using the frame mag release. So I'm confused when he said they won't work, because it sure did fit..

BUT, perhaps it is that a standard XDm mag could not be extracted by hand because of the flared mag well covers the older base pad entirely, whereas the new Elite base-pads would still allow for that plus the extra capacity.

Maybe he should clarify that.

In reading the Peak Performance article the mag body is the standard 19-rd XDm mag only with +1 & +3 extensions used to bump up the capacity to 20 & 22.
No, the old xdm mag does not lock into place, what you saw was the mag lock putting pressure on the magazine. But it does not insert enough to actually lock

Well, I sure like the changes, but unfortunately I don't have the cash to go dump my XDM 5.25 to get the XDM Elite 5.25. It may be cheaper to try and implement some of the mods myself. Maybe something like the Springer Precision magwells for the XDM? Does anyone make a flat trigger for the XDM?

Very Nice Firearms! All the bells and whistles...Love it! I love the spacing of the cocking serrations. I own a Beretta APX and the spaced serrations give them that rugged look that I like. The APX is a little over the top but the SA is very tastefully done. Well Done SA!

I'm more of a 1911 guy (so the new Ronin really caught my eye), but this is a really cool upgrade to the XDM. That 4.5 with the smaller mag well is really catching my eye....

Can't wait, already told my dealer to grab the 5.25 for Limited Division. Maybe I will not have to modify my CainArms mag extensions too much but with them being a delrin material they should be easy to fit. I hope they make this in 45 so I can retire my 5 inch tactical for Limited Division.

Back