testtest

Pet Peeves

talk radio that has more advertisements than actual talk...??
Not only that, but in some markets, particularly in big cities, they would actually accelerate the talk show slightly to fit in more advertisements per hour. I noticed this with Rush Limbaugh. If you were in an overlap area able to pick up say an FM channel and an AM, it was obvious this was happening. His voice was much different on an accelerated channel. The local talk shows were just a waste. They were so oversold on advertisements it was impossible to maintain a coherent train of thought.

Not only that, but in some markets, particularly in big cities, they would actually accelerate the talk show slightly to fit in more advertisements per hour. I noticed this with Rush Limbaugh. If you were in an overlap area able to pick up say an FM channel and an AM, it was obvious this was happening. His voice was much different on an accelerated channel. The local talk shows were just a waste. They were so oversold on advertisements it was impossible to maintain a coherent train of thought.
yes, here as well...."you have 30 seconds, before we break, tell us how the world was made in 7 days".....

My biggest pet peeve is why pistol manufacturers only include 1 mag with there gun, now I can see an entry level pistol like the Springfields Defender series, but I am referring to higher end pistols, Colt, Kimber and such, even on there high end pistols, 1 damn magazine. S&W, Sig, even Glock comes with 2 mags, 3 with the Gen5 Glocks, I know you can go buy more, but the way my luck has been, I buy the gun, 1 mag, go over to there magazine section and bam….no mags, most will think this is trivial, but if you spend a good chunk of change, it needs to come with at least a extra magazine, ok, rant over, done whining.
The magazines are where they make their big money. I would venture to say that the mags cost them less that a dollar a pop to manufacture. It is how they cover their R&D costs as well. Take an inter-ocular lens for lasic surgery - $10-12 to manufacture, retail price $600 each.

And as far as movies adapted from books, The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy were some of the best.
I agree on LOTR—although I am one of those “no Tom Bombadil?!? WTF were you thinking?!?” folks. Yeah, they added in a lot on the whole Aragorn/Arwen thing, but for the most part are pretty much true to the story.

The Hobbit, however…the whole Tauriel/Legolas (FFS, Legolas isn’t in the book…) thing, the whole second movie bogs down in Dale…they added soooo much crap that’s not in the books, and it didn’t improve the movie at all.

Credit where credit is due—the bit were Gandalf is going to see about “the Necromancer” was something I’d always, even as a kid, wondered about, and was pretty neat to see it played out.

That said…my recovery watchlist is going to be the whole 6 movies (extended LOTR) in order, beginning with “unexpected journey”.

I’ll see if they improve on painkillers.

A couple of good adaptations for me—Hunt for Red October and Amazon’s “Reacher”.

I can’t stand Lee Child’s writing style, but he does come up with a good plot, and I thought “Reacher” was one of those rare cases where the screen adaptation is better than the book.

The first two and a half seasons of “The Expanse” were also really solid adaptations of the first two books.

Am I missing something? I've never bought a brand new firearm that didn't come with at least three magazines.
My Glock 19X came with three. Springfield Armory SA35, only one.

Re pet peeves. I see this often on gun forums where a poster, usually a new person, asks a question about a firearm feature or a malfunction. Some wit (usually half) will inevitably reply "Send that thing to me for proper disposal." Maybe that was funny the first hundred times. Now it isn't. Please stop. You know who you are.

Back