Pets, do you have any........

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girls

Attachments

• 1F16504E-6C0A-454B-87A6-1382FFCE274F.jpeg
    1F16504E-6C0A-454B-87A6-1382FFCE274F.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 215
Had a Dog back in the 80's, but living alone it was tough having to be there to take care of him. Put a crimp in my non-work life. Now that I'm retired, I'm thinking of getting two Huskies, as I do love dogs. If I could, I'd love to own a wolf, I've seen dogs that were breed with wolves (and they look a lot like a wolf), but their cost was several thousand dollars. So huskies are close enough for me and will add to my home security system. 🐶👁👀
Raised two Huskies that were "brothers" (same parents, different litters). They lived to be 16 & 14.7 yrs old. Both are buried in my backyard. As far as guard dogs, I always heard that if you want a wolf-looking guard dog to get a Malumute. Huskies look "wolfish", but will probably take a burgular through your house saying "Hey, don't forget this!". They're fairly easy-going, and friendly. :)

When they would shed, known as "blowing their coat", I would go out to their kennel and use a leaf rake, and could gather enough fur to actually fill a 5 gallon bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back