testtest

Picture Game

Hint:
(Easy one)
1628561751714.jpeg

Anybody who liked the old 60's westerns can't be all bad !!! I grew up on them. It was almost like religion for my family to get a bucket of chicken and head out to a drive-in movie on a Saturday night back in the day. My dad, my brother, and I all liked the westerns .... mom not so much, so every now and then we'd all go to something she liked. LOL!

Man !!! John Wayne, Randolf Scott, Alan Ladd, Henry Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck, Burl Ives, ...... and the list is almost 'never ending'. And 6 shooters that never ran dry !!! Oh yeh ...... good times !!!

Anybody who liked the old 60's westerns can't be all bad !!! I grew up on them. It was almost like religion for my family to get a bucket of chicken and head out to a drive-in movie on a Saturday night back in the day. My dad, my brother, and I all liked the westerns .... mom not so much, so every now and then we'd all go to something she liked. LOL!

Man !!! John Wayne, Randolf Scott, Alan Ladd, Henry Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck, Burl Ives, ...... and the list is almost 'never ending'. And 6 shooters that never ran dry !!! Oh yeh ...... good times !!!
1628572410659.gif

Well KF'77, I'm assuming from your reply you're accepting my answer as correct. Thanks.

As soon as I saw the picture of 'Shane', (Alan Ladd) I was pretty sure I knew where we were looking at since I had read up on that particular movie (one of my favorites) some years ago. But with the old memory not being what it used to be I 'Googled' it just to be sure before I answered the question. So ...... since I looked before I posted (sorta cheating) and was honest about it, I don't think it's fair that I get the next shot.

How about we let TSiWRX take the next turn. Everybody OK with that? I'm thinking he will do a better job than I anyway. I'm pretty much a home body these days and don't know if I even have any pictures of 'far off' lands.

Go for it TSiWRX as long as it's OK with KF'77!!! 👍 👍 👍 Y'all play nice now ..... ya' hear. ;):)

And BTW, that pic of Randolf Scott is great !!! He was one of my 'all time' favorites. And after thinking about it some, a lot of my western movie times were even back in the 50's. Hell, I was in the service by mid 1965 so I'm sure I didn't see too many old westerns after that. In fact I was married in mid 1969, and not too long after that the drive in theaters were all beginning to fold up and sell out. Sadly, I don't even know of a drive in movie still operating anywhere. I'm sure there must be one somewhere, but not anywhere around us. :(:cry::cry:

Well KF'77, I'm assuming from your reply you're accepting my answer as correct. Thanks.

As soon as I saw the picture of 'Shane', (Alan Ladd) I was pretty sure I knew where we were looking at since I had read up on that particular movie (one of my favorites) some years ago. But with the old memory not being what it used to be I 'Googled' it just to be sure before I answered the question. So ...... since I looked before I posted (sorta cheating) and was honest about it, I don't think it's fair that I get the next shot.

How about we let TSiWRX take the next turn. Everybody OK with that? I'm thinking he will do a better job than I anyway. I'm pretty much a home body these days and don't know if I even have any pictures of 'far off' lands.

Go for it TSiWRX as long as it's OK with KF'77!!! 👍 👍 👍 Y'all play nice now ..... ya' hear. ;):)

And BTW, that pic of Randolf Scott is great !!! He was one of my 'all time' favorites. And after thinking about it some, a lot of my western movie times were even back in the 50's. Hell, I was in the service by mid 1965 so I'm sure I didn't see too many old westerns after that. In fact I was married in mid 1969, and not too long after that the drive in theaters were all beginning to fold up and sell out. Sadly, I don't even know of a drive in movie still operating anywhere. I'm sure there must be one somewhere, but not anywhere around us. :(:cry::cry:
Okay then, so it's your turn Joe. ;)

Yes sir
You had it correct as well as Tsi..

Mount Washington is in New Hampshire which would be east unless I misread your response.
I saw that last night and together with the picture clue of “Shane” that KF posted, thought “I didn’t know Shane was set in Atlantis” :LOL:.
I think @KillerFord1977 saw Mount “Washington”, and immediately thought of the State which is indeed further West then Wyoming where “Shane” was set. I was going to reply to this and the answer last night, but didn’t have a picture for next up, which now falls to JumpinJoe. 😁

It was almost like religion for my family to get a bucket of chicken and head out to a drive-in movie on a Saturday night back in the day.

^ I grew up on them, too, but not in quite the same way! I wish I could've seen them on the big-screen, but this was my dad and I on a black-and-whilte Zenith with rabbit-ears. :ROFLMAO: We were so poor, even our hand-me-down was a black-and-whilte (this was in the mid-80s).:p

-----

I'd like to give the pic to @jumpinjoe , too. I unfortunately am not a big picture-taker, and we haven't really travelled anywhere interesting as of the last year-and-a-half or so!

I thought I had a decent picture, for a minute there, but then I searched "pirate boat tours," and realized just how common these tourist-traps are. :giggle:

Oh noooo! :eek: You done went and forgot Hoppy and gabby. I still watch the oldies on youtube being as I have Roku TV.

Back