testtest

Pit Bulls

This is a picture of Sofie. I still miss her every single day.
IMG_0063.JPG

I did use Sabre pepper gel on him. It took 3 bursts to affect him. The point is owners will not do anything and cops won't either.
I'd advise you record the interaction with the aggressive dog with either your cell phone or some other recording device like a Go-Pro. It's hard to argue you were in the wrong when you need to defend yourself when you have video proof unless you live in a solid blue state.

Last edited:
Animals can be unpredictable and nothing can be ruled out in terms of behavior. An animal with a history of being amazingly friendly can one day turn dangerous for no explained reason.

My uncle had a German shepherd a bunch of years ago when I was a child around the age of 6 or 7 years old. This dog was extremely friendly and my uncle had him for years without incident. When I got bit I was sitting and petting the dog with my aunt right next to me encouraging me to pet him when the dog snapped at my face and took a chunk of skin out of my cheek that has left a permanent scar.

After all these years the life lesson that has stayed with me is never fully trust any animal. Zoo keeper's and other types of animal handlers have learned this the hard way sometimes with fatal results.
what you describe is extraordinarily rare In animals, but not so much in people. I’d be a lot more worried about “friendly“ human beings biting my face off than I would be a dog.

Pit Bulls are some more of god’s perfect creations who love unconditionally. It’s the sub-human wGANGSTAS like Michael Prick and the rest of his clones and “crew” who do their best to destroy these beautiful animals while engaging oin the most despicable act on earth (dogfighting) who elicit this terribly unfortunate behavior in these dogs. If you don’t know what is done to them over the course of their tragic existenceafter coming into contact with thsee oxygen thieves, look it up. You’ll Have a much better understanding of why they’re on edge and don’t always like people in their face, loud noises, etc.

This statement is false, and here’s why. Dogs are living breathing carnivorous predators with relativity simple brains. They do things by instinct and are unpredictable. Regardless of what politicians say firearms are not.

I was attacked once by a 140lb mastiff. Completely unprovoked, I was just minding my own business putting my cardboard in the recycling bin in the alley behind the post office in the town I live in. Out of nowhere this dog is charging down the alley at me full bore, not barking just coming for me. I had just enough time to raise my left forearm and brace myself. When he hit me and clamped down on my arm I brought my right closed fist down as hard as I could between his shoulder blades. This stunned him enough he decided to release. At this point I had my knife in my right hand and was facing him. As a utility worker I’ve dealt with enough dogs to now once you are facing them they are less likely to attack you. He charged me two more time but never made contact. I honestly thought I’d have to kill that dog that day. His owner showed up after a few minutes of us facing off and yelled at him and he backed down and went to him. Needless to say law enforcement was involved and the dog was destroyed.

I‘ve never seen a gun do that.

As it turned out the dog had a history of attacking other dogs and people and yes it’s owner was a p.o.s. My point is certain breeds of dogs are dangerous due to their strength, temperament, and the amount of damage they can do.
Domesticated (key word domesticated) dogs are NOT carnivorous predators, and their brains certainly are not simple relative to many human beings I‘ve encountered over the course of my lifetime. I’d be willing to bet my life that the dog that attacked you was abused or terribly mistreated somehow in order to encourage him to exhibit that kind of aggressive behavior towards other dogs and humans. Quite frankly, the way some people tense up and get all weirded out when they see dogs- they deserve to be attacked. I strongly disagree with your assertion that “certain breeds are dangerous…”. Certain breeds are grossly mistreated and by shitbag humans who abuse the dogs to near death on a daily basis in an effort to make them “tough” and “mean.” Comparing dogs to firearms in any regard makes no sense to me.

Domesticated (key word domesticated) dogs are NOT carnivorous predators, and their brains certainly are not simple relative to many human beings I‘ve encountered over the course of my lifetime. I’d be willing to bet my life that the dog that attacked you was abused or terribly mistreated somehow in order to encourage him to exhibit that kind of aggressive behavior towards other dogs and humans. Quite frankly, the way some people tense up and get all weirded out when they see dogs- they deserve to be attacked. I strongly disagree with your assertion that “certain breeds are dangerous…”. Certain breeds are grossly mistreated and by shitbag humans who abuse the dogs to near death on a daily basis in an effort to make them “tough” and “mean.” Comparing dogs to firearms in any regard makes no sense to me.
We’ll you can ”strongly disagree” with me and still be wrong. When I state certain breeds are dangerous I am simply stating fact. Certain large breeds are dangerous based solely on their physical strength and ability to seriously injure or kill adult human beings, let alone children. This along with the fact that they are simple brained animals. i.e they can’t reason like a human nor do they understand right from wrong. They only do what instinct tells them and what they have been trained to do by repetition. This makes them like any animal, unpredictable but with sharp teeth and unprecedented bite strength, dangerous.

I understand some people are dirt bags and make their dogs into monsters, and I understand some people probably deserve to get bit if they are agitating or harassing an animal. But sometimes innocent people are attacked and hurt by large “dangerous“ dogs for just going about their business on their or public property. I refuse to give an dog a break because of it’s owner. In my book if a dog attacks an innocent person that’s on the dog and the dog needs to be destroyed. Period.

We’ll you can ”strongly disagree” with me and still be wrong. When I state certain breeds are dangerous I am simply stating fact. Certain large breeds are dangerous based solely on their physical strength and ability to seriously injure or kill adult human beings, let alone children. This along with the fact that they are simple brained animals. i.e they can’t reason like a human nor do they understand right from wrong. They only do what instinct tells them and what they have been trained to do by repetition. This makes them like any animal, unpredictable but with sharp teeth and unprecedented bite strength, dangerous.

I understand some people are dirt bags and make their dogs into monsters, and I understand some people probably deserve to get bit if they are agitating or harassing an animal. But sometimes innocent people are attacked and hurt by large “dangerous“ dogs for just going about their business on their or public property. I refuse to give an dog a break because of it’s owner. In my book if a dog attacks an innocent person that’s on the dog and the dog needs to be destroyed. Period.
You are correct on the last three sentences of the second paragraph only everything else is just your opinion. I’ve been heavily involved with all dog breeds in all circumstances for the last 50 years and yes what I’ve said in a previous post in this thread could also be said is my opinion also but it is based on experience.

I would like to thank Recusant to share Petey with us. I hadn't seen him since the 1970's....last time I think I watched a Rascal's rerun.
I'm pleased. Here's one Petey's best films. It's a very early one in the "Our Gang" series called "The Pooch". Anytime I see a dog catcher I thing of this film. It made a big impact. Also, one of Hollywood's top lines from a film is in this short. See if you catch it. (Sorry about the ads)

You are entitled to your opinion

We can say the same about humans.

Or else, why would we need police, prisons, mental health professionals and weapons to defend ourselves.

Powerful, aggressive, unsocialized, uncontrolled predators are dangerous, whether two legged or four legged. A pack of uncontrolled dogs is dangerous once their natural predator instinct is triggered. I took enough dog bite reports when in patrol to have seen a lot of stupid that went into producing vicious dogs, and certainly a lot of stupid that went into producing stupid humans. The unfortunate thing is that certain breeds of powerful dogs are preferred by certain stupid humans who are interested in cultivating the aggressiveness but are not competent to control the dog's behavior or are indifferent to it. A big powerful dog needs a lot of socialization, training and control, or bad things will happen. Socialization and control is the first and most important component of police K9 training.

Back