testtest

Pocket .45 Power Perfected

Nice.

SA needs to take that and lengthen the slide to 4", and increase the girth and length of the grip enough to accommodate a standard double-stack 12 rd. 10mm mag capacity, and 13-14 rds. with an pinky/small extension.

Keep all the other features on the XD-S Mod.2 on it, except replace the sites with the same half-circle rear and front tritium big dot sights like on the Hellcat.

That would = "Pocket 10mm Perfected"

My .02

Last edited:
Never fired an XD .45. However did seriously think about purchasing one a while back. A few friends carry one and all are very happy with them. As far as lengthening the barrel and widening the frame, that would defeat it being compact and easy to conceal. As far as the .45 ACP goes, it is one of my favorites as evidenced by my AMT Hardballer, my Glock 30 and my M&P Shield .45. Again just my 2 cents. 😁

Never fired an XD .45. However did seriously think about purchasing one a while back. A few friends carry one and all are very happy with them. As far as lengthening the barrel and widening the frame, that would defeat it being compact and easy to conceal. As far as the .45 ACP goes, it is one of my favorites as evidenced by my AMT Hardballer, my Glock 30 and my M&P Shield .45. Again just my 2 cents. 😁

Yeah they kinda did that. XD Mod 2 service model ( 4") .45. I love mine. Accurate as ****, 13 rd. mags, pure F'ing joy to shoot. It conceals easy enough in a Clinger OWB under a flannel, but it is far from compact.

3OegUaa.jpg

I chuckled at the "Grip Zone" when it first came out, but after firing one, I am a believer. The mixture of textures are perfect, and the gun stays planted in your hand. That is what sold me on Springfield Armory.

Yeah a lot of people REALLY dislike the words "Grip Zone" stippled into the gun. ( I believe they no longer do that by the way) I couldn't care less what it says, this gun feels perfect in my hands and is an incredibly accurate and reliable pistol.

Yeah a lot of people REALLY dislike the words "Grip Zone" stippled into the gun. ( I believe they no longer do that by the way) I couldn't care less what it says, this gun feels perfect in my hands and is an incredibly accurate and reliable pistol.
I agree. My XDE has "Grip Zone" on it. I can't see it when I am holding it though :). I purchased my XDS a few months later and that doesn't have it. Both feel really good in the hand.

I have had mine for a year now. I bought it with the extra mags and softcase. Mine is identical to the one in the article with the fiber optic sights. I also have the 9mm XDs with the tritium front and U notch rear. Both are awesome pistols. I love both of them. My wife liked the 45 so much she bought herself one. Very easy to shoot. For the price point when SA is running the gear up promotion its almost like buying mags and getting the pistol for almost nothing. Incredible deal!

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled Pocket .45 Power Perfected and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/pocket-45-power-perfected/.

Here is my gripe about the Mod.2, WHY does SA not have the 7 round extender for the .45 ACP, when they have it for the XDs? the 5 round and 6 round magazines are identical. The ONLY difference is that the grip sleeve is shaped differently. I consider this to be a huge failure on the part of Springfield Armory. Let's keep the compatibility up. I love the XD series of guns. In fact, I have 10 of the various models. The XDs 9/XDs Mod.2 canuse the same magazines, but the sleeve is different. In fact, the XDe and XDs can both use the same magazines. The XDs 45 and XDs Mod.2 45 can use the same magazines, but again, the sleeve is different. I have some 7 round magazines that I use with the XDs Mod.2, but I have that ugly gap between the pistol grip and the butt plate on the magazine as a result.

Try looking for the sleeves. They are almost impossible to find. And I have yet to find one for the 7 round mag.

Back