testtest

Pocket pistols

IMG_0506.jpeg

I've pocket carried two guns a lot; S&W 442 and Kahr PM9 Covert*.

I got a Seecamp LWS-32 a couple of years ago. It hasn't been that long since those brought a premium, so when production caught up to where they were selling for less than retail, I guess I had to have one for posterity.

I suppose the Seecamp is the king of pocket guns to some, but I can't imagine me carrying it as my only gun. I see it more as a third or fourth gun, and since I don't carry three or four guns, it doesn't get carried.
It's a very interesting gun, though.

OK. Fine. I admit to having only the Seecamp on me sometimes when I'm up early on Sundays watching an F1 race in very casual clothing.

*That Kahr "Covert" model btw, is a discontinued model that's a hybrid of sorts. It has the short gripped frame with their standard length slide. I had some reliability trouble with a short MK9, so want the standard K9/P9 slide. This is the ideal combination to me, but they dropped the Covert several years ago and have not brought it back as far as I know.

NAA.... Sorry. I can't say enough (bad things) about NAA. However, my pocket pistol is a high-drag, low-speed Ruger LCP II in .22LR. It is the official house and dog walking gun. Light enough for sweats and crocs. Tactical enough it's better than a sharp stick. Enhanced with a Crimson Trace light and Clip-Draw belt clip.

LCPII22_WLIGHT2.JPG

I've carried a S&W 638 J-Frame in my pocket many times over the years. When I lived in Arkansas I kept it loaded with snake shot to deal with the aggressive Cottonmouth poisonous snakes that sometimes came up to my property from the nearby creek.

I recently bought a used Springfield Armory XDS in 45 acp (4.0 barrel). It came with the extended magazines but not the 5 round magazine. I ordered a 5 round magazine from Gun Mag Warehouse that should arrive in the next few days. I'm going to see if I can "pocket carry" it with a pocket holster and smaller magazine.

As much as I like 38 special (638) I think I'd be even happier carrying a XDS in 45 acp now that I live in a small town in Texas and don't normally encounter snakes but I'm aware of 2 legged predators and such...:)
Wanted the XDS in 4” bbl & 45ACP but never pulled the funding trigger Now SA doesn’t show one at all. Dang it. I used to just crastinate, then I went pro.

NAA.... Sorry. I can't say enough (bad things) about NAA. However, my pocket pistol is a high-drag, low-speed Ruger LCP II in .22LR. It is the official house and dog walking gun. Light enough for sweats and crocs. Tactical enough it's better than a sharp stick. Enhanced with a Crimson Trace light and Clip-Draw belt clip.

View attachment 52875
Which NAA did you have and what was wrong with it ? Asking because I have one in .22LR with 1.625" BBL. and haven't had any issues with it. As with everything made by man there will be issues that crop up at times

Which NAA did you have and what was wrong with it ? Asking because I have one in .22LR with 1.625" BBL. and haven't had any issues with it. As with everything made by man there will be issues that crop up at times
Hello,
I have the Sidewinder. Bought it new. I had picked it up to be my dog walking security. It didn't last past the first range trip. I was shooting .22 mag. I have the LR cylinder, but WMR was planned for this trip. Almost immediately the cylinder would pop open after each shot. I didn't even try LR.

When I first called NAA they were very nice. I sent it back and then it was a black hole. I had the delivery tracking number/receipt so I knew that they had it. After 4 weeks I started calling.

Whomever answered the phone was nice. Moving beyond that I kept getting disconnected. I was supposedly being transferred to the secret crypt of broken guns.

Perseverance paid off and eventually I spoke to a human. They told me that it was a known problem, the barrel was coming out/off. My response to that was officially, "Oh my, that's not good." Mentally it was, "WTF?".

So I said, "That sounds like a design issue. Can I trade it for something else? I'll pay the difference."

Front desk lady said that would be fine and asked me what I wanted. I told her her that I wanted a Pug. She again said that was completely fine and I should have a cost emailed to me.

Flash forward to the black hole 2.0. Weeks of nothing. I started calling again after a week I managed to get someone who admitted I had sent them defective merchandise. They acted like I had never spoke to them and their friendly veneer was replaced with something only a communist politburo could love.

I finally got transferred to someone new. It was their used car salesman. He tried telling me I must have misunderstood what I was told before. He said that there is no way NAA would ever authorize a swap or trade and should be happy that NAA ever allowed me to purchase(?) one of their fine works of art. I should also be relieved that they elected to service one owned by someone as lowly as myself.

So at this point I wrote it off and didn't care if I got it back. Weeks later the FedEx delivery guy knocks.

There was a letter with it saying that they re-barreled it and hoped I would enjoy it. Or something to that effect.

Based off of my experience with NAA and (only one of) their product I will never buy another. I will tell anyone who asks that they are unreliable junk and the company that makes them are worse. I can't even get rid of the sidewinder because I won't shoot. That means I can't verify if it's actually fixed. I would say I don't trust them any further than I could throw them, but they are pretty small so I could probably wing it out there a ways.

Have to tell a story about Raven 25's. I responded to a shooting call. Upon arrival two so called friends had shot each other over a domino game. Witnesses said one guy bumped the table knocking the other guy's dominoes over. They both drew their Raven 25's and shot each other. Table bumper was shot in-between his nose and left eye instantly killing him. The other guy was hit above his right eyebrow. The bullet followed the curvature of his head exiting from the back of his head. He survived and was charged with murder. I know this isn't a funny story but surely interesting.
Reminds me of when I first started carrying more years ago then I want to remember. Anyhow was talking calibers with my Grandfather and he was the first one to tell me that caliber doesn't matter its shot placement that counts. To make the point he told me a story of a guy that he had worked with years earlier that laughed at him one time for carrying a .22. He told him that he should leave that home cuz if shot someone with it, it would just **** them off and then they would beat the ^&*$ out of him for shooting them. Long story short, he got drunk and assaulted the wrong individual at a bar. The other guy pulled a pistol and shot him dead with a .22 mouse gun,

Reminds me of when I first started carrying more years ago then I want to remember. Anyhow was talking calibers with my Grandfather and he was the first one to tell me that caliber doesn't matter its shot placement that counts. To make the point he told me a story of a guy that he had worked with years earlier that laughed at him one time for carrying a .22. He told him that he should leave that home cuz if shot someone with it, it would just **** them off and then they would beat the ^&*$ out of him for shooting them. Long story short, he got drunk and assaulted the wrong individual at a bar. The other guy pulled a pistol and shot him dead with a .22 mouse gun,
Sounds like a life lesson or two in that story

Back