testtest

Portable Shooting Action Target

The only thing I'd point out is that your wooden tailgate is going to get a lot of lead/jacket material embedded in from the fragment spray (if I’m picturing your idea correctly)...and that stuff is sharp.

Not sure if you’ll want that in the tailgate.

The only thing I'd point out is that your wooden tailgate is going to get a lot of lead/jacket material embedded in from the fragment spray (if I’m picturing your idea correctly)...and that stuff is sharp.

Not sure if you’ll want that in the tailgate.
The tailgate will be my base that sits flat on the ground. If my plan works out none of the targets will be low enough for that to catch any shrapnel.

The tailgate will be my base that sits flat on the ground. If my plan works out none of the targets will be low enough for that to catch any shrapnel.

Gotcha.

I know I’ve seen cardboard targets catch several fragments when a good 5-10 feet away from plates...usually on the same plane as the steel...but those were also rifle rounds. Pistol rounds may not be quite as bad.

Ok KLGunner...
Here is my idea. Based on what you described. Now I'm no artist....lol However with the tailgate laying flat on the ground, mount an H Base target stand to the tailgate. Then you can attach any targets to any standard 2x4 which you can cut the 2x4 to your desired length.
IMG_20200404_162606585~2.jpg

Back