testtest

Post your Saturday night jams ... or your fav music ...

One of the greats taken way too soon. Always wondered what music would be like had he still been with us.
He was done with Ozzy. He agreed to do the album of Sabbath covers ( he was not a Sabbath fan) only if it would satisfy his contractual obligations to Ozzy and Sharon. By all accounts he would have focused on classical music. Even on tour with Ozzy he would seek out classical guitar instructors in various cities and take lessons. I assume you already know about Musonia and the fact that growing up his mother owned a music school and he took and then gave lessons at that school ?

Where have I been? Under a rock? Love this!
When my daughter was a very small child she ran around singing this song. I was always in bands and I played this song ( which honestly I never cared for) so much that I can't take listening to it even to this day. Fun fact, the name of the band was taken from the TV show CHiPs. It was Jon's call sign.

He was done with Ozzy. He agreed to do the album of Sabbath covers ( he was not a Sabbath fan) only if it would satisfy his contractual obligations to Ozzy and Sharon. By all accounts he would have focused on classical music. Even on tour with Ozzy he would seek out classical guitar instructors in various cities and take lessons. I assume you already know about Musonia and the fact that growing up his mother owned a music school and he took and then gave lessons at that school ?
I did not know about Musonia and him giving lessons. I knew about his classical guitar background. That was showcased in Dee, on Blizzard of Ozz. He was also co-founder and guitarist for Quiet Riot.

I did not know about Musonia and him giving lessons. I knew about his classical guitar background. That was showcased in Dee, on Blizzard of Ozz. He was also co-founder and guitarist for Quiet Riot.
Indeed. Dee was written for his mother, Delores.

Randy's fiancee Jodi was at one time dating Kevin DuBrow and the bass player Kelly Garni was his best friend from the time they were kids. There is footage at The Whiskey of QR and in some of it you can see a polka dot, bow tied Randy playing snippets of what would later wind up being songs on the First Blizzard of Ozz album. He had to be talked into auditioning for Ozzy. When he got there he plugged in his guitar to a small amp and began tuning up and noodling scales. Ozzy hired him on the spot. He told him he would have to think about it and his bandmates in QR convinced him he needed to do it. Ozzy heard about him from Dana Strum. I heard the story from Dana Strum personally.

When my daughter was a very small child she ran around singing this song. I was always in bands and I played this song ( which honestly I never cared for) so much that I can't take listening to it even to this day. Fun fact, the name of the band was taken from the TV show CHiPs. It was Jon's call sign.
I thought I had heard the name before but I couldn't place it.

Back