testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

A little Saturday night aged rum…
E304BD81-E6A0-47E6-813F-0E1B43E5E6E9.jpeg

When I hit the British pup, I get a Stella with a Guinness head.
Stella is one of the few lagers I like. The first time I tried it I had a couple in Deadwood SD, in the bar where Wild Bill was killed. You know, approximately. I paid $10 I think to go downstairs where they say it actually happened, since the whole town of Deadwood was raised up due to floods. It was originally called Deadwood Gulch. The wife wasn't having any of it. Not interested in paying $10 to go see where Bill bought it and not interested in the Stella I bought her. So I went down by myself and drank both of them.

Never considered mixing it with Guinness.

Due to a recent bootlegging/wedding trip up behind the cheddar curtain I’m working through a case of New Glarus beer (I hate that we can’t get it in Illinois) and my normal staple of Blue Moon or Hacker Pschorr. My wife drinks the darker “manly” beers and more often than not when we’re out the waiter will give me her Guinness/stout/porter etc and hand her whatever Pilsner or Weiss beer I’ve ordered.

I’ve recently discovered a love of peanut butter whiskey and peanut butter White Russians. Just switch the vodka for peanut butter whiskey and enjoy. I didn’t think I’d like it at first and I was kind of right……..I LOVE IT!!!! My wife is happy about it too since she can’t stand the smell of whiskey thanks to her “I drank too much of it in college” excuse but she can tolerate the peanut butter stuff. Plus it’s WAY cheaper than me hunting down expensive whiskeys.

Due to a recent bootlegging/wedding trip up behind the cheddar curtain I’m working through a case of New Glarus beer (I hate that we can’t get it in Illinois) and my normal staple of Blue Moon or Hacker Pschorr. My wife drinks the darker “manly” beers and more often than not when we’re out the waiter will give me her Guinness/stout/porter etc and hand her whatever Pilsner or Weiss beer I’ve ordered.

I’ve recently discovered a love of peanut butter whiskey and peanut butter White Russians. Just switch the vodka for peanut butter whiskey and enjoy. I didn’t think I’d like it at first and I was kind of right……..I LOVE IT!!!! My wife is happy about it too since she can’t stand the smell of whiskey thanks to her “I drank too much of it in college” excuse but she can tolerate the peanut butter stuff. Plus it’s WAY cheaper than me hunting down expensive whiskeys.
Rams point PB whiskey.. better than screwball and way cheaper

My watering hole has two Oktoberfests on…

But I feel it’s a bit too early.

Still. I do love an Oktoberfest…

And it is a cool day (mid 60’s, with a cooler wind…)…it might pair well with a bowl of chili.

Ok, you’ve talked me into it.
OFest gets released in August nationwide… usually gone by Sept 15th
Here in Texas its 105, so an ofest is a tough one, but most Americans have no clue on a Marzan style and just think it should be released in Oct

OFest gets released in August nationwide… usually gone by Sept 15th
Here in Texas its 105, so an ofest is a tough one, but most Americans have no clue on a Marzan style and just think it should be released in Oct
Well, I did kick off with another Juice Force…but I’m gonna head to head the OF’s now—Sam Adams & Schell’s (local, long-running German brewery out of New Ulm, MN—they usually beat the actual German OF’s for taste).
image.jpg

Start with Schell’s.

Funny thing I meant to comment on earlier, re: Guinness & hot weather…

Guinness is HUGELY popular in Africa; it’s a slightly different recipe, but…it dies go well when it’s warm.
Guinness is actually nearly same alcohol % as Lite, bud light and Coors light and is actually a lighter bodied beer as well.
Folks dont think that with it being dark in color…
I love guinness year round

Back