testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

Funny thing I meant to comment on earlier, re: Guinness & hot weather…

Guinness is HUGELY popular in Africa; it’s a slightly different recipe, but…it does go well when it’s warm.
Pass by Guinness every day.. may have to have one tonight 🙂
F7196C85-CD0D-4F2C-A5F9-93B109089848.jpeg
6275F6EC-D987-4578-8696-C7DCFB242D31.jpeg

Guinness is actually nearly same alcohol % as Lite, bud light and Coors light and is actually a lighter bodied beer as well.
Folks dont think that with it being dark in color…
I love guinness year round
Not really. Guinness extra Stout is 5.6%. Coors Lite is 4.2%. American beer is “up to” 5%. Most of them, including Bud Light are closer to 4%

Not really. Guinness extra Stout is 5.6%. Coors Lite is 4.2%. American beer is “up to” 5%. Most of them, including Bud Light are closer to 4%
1- Extra stout is a fraction of US sales for Guinness, 80%+ sales are Guinness Draught
2 - which leads to ABV….

Guinness Draught is 4.2% alcohol
… so , really, it is BL, CL, and Lite for ABV at 4.2%
3- Guess you missed my pallets of Guinness in our speed pick lane that I posted earlier, I sell Guinness along with about 100 other brands of Beer and Spirits…

So, you’re wrong “as you like to say”

There’s no such thing as European Guinness. There’s Irish Guinness and then varying levels of Guinness tasting swill water below that. And if the Guinness is not hand pulled…
I promise you the Guinness on tap in the pubs in Europe is not the same thing as the stuff on tap here. I have never tasted Guinness like that here. I figure it's like Heineken. The Heineken in Amsterdam tastes nothing like the crap they sell here. I asked the guy at the brewery why and he told me they import water from the countries they export it to. So the crap that comes here is made with US water, the stuff in The Netherlands is made with Dutch water.

Call it Irish if it makes you feel better. I noticed no shortage of UK citizens though that like to claim they are European.

1- Extra stout is a fraction of US sales for Guinness, 80%+ sales are Guinness Draught
2 - which leads to ABV….

Guinness Draught is 4.2% alcohol
… so , really, it is BL, CL, and Lite for ABV at 4.2%
3- Guess you missed my pallets of Guinness in our speed pick lane that I posted earlier, I sell Guinness along with about 100 other brands of Beer and Spirits…

So, you’re wrong “as you like to say”
That :poop: you have in those boxes isn't Guinness. As Simon says, it's Guinness tasting swill. :ROFLMAO:

So we're clear, when I say I am drinking a Guinness, which I am currently, I am talking about Extra Stout.

That :poop: you have in those boxes isn't Guinness. As Simon says, it's Guinness tasting swill. :ROFLMAO:

So we're clear, when I say I am drinking a Guinness, which I am currently, I am talking about Extra Stout.
That stuff you call 💩 is made from the same brewery you profess you love, and is their top seller for generations, so to be clear

That stuff you call 💩 is made from the same brewery you profess you love, and is their top seller for generations, so to be clear
Top seller in the US. Which is filled with ignorant cretins.

No self respecting Irishman ( or Englishman for that matter) would be caught dead drinking it. Ask Simon.

Hell yes, I just had a pint of Extra Stout myself, the closet thing we can get to the Euro stuff here...

Hell yes, I just had a pint of Extra Stout myself, the closet thing we can get to the Euro stuff here...
I promise you the Guinness on tap in the pubs in Europe is not the same thing as the stuff on tap here. I have never tasted Guinness like that here. I figure it's like Heineken. The Heineken in Amsterdam tastes nothing like the crap they sell here. I asked the guy at the brewery why and he told me they import water from the countries they export it to. So the crap that comes here is made with US water, the stuff in The Netherlands is made with Dutch water.

Call it Irish if it makes you feel better. I noticed no shortage of UK citizens though that like to claim they are European.
Have you been to the Guinness Mecca? It is indeed sacred. I was also at the Stella brewery tasting room a while back and that was legit.

Have you been to the Guinness Mecca? It is indeed sacred. I was also at the Stella brewery tasting room a while back and that was legit.
No. I’ve been to Europe twice but I flew into Schipol and never made it to the UK.

I did however have Guinness and crepes in Den Haag near the boardwalk at about 7 AM while looking across the North Sea in that general direction.

It is the same with all imported Alcohol since prohibition ended. They has all types of rules you must follow. LOL the only Bier that taste the same when shipped out of US is US Bier and it watered down effect. Ex, vodka, must has quinnine in it, type any brand outside of US, huge difference.

Back