testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

I'm a fan of Texas beers, but not too many of the ones that have become popular nationwide. Lakewood Brewery, Pearl, and Lone Star are constants, but Southern Star Bombshell Blonde is moving its way up the list. It's was the golden age of micro brews in my area before COVID, and I could probably hit 10-15 breweries without driving more than an hour from home. Most of them are still selling bottled product, but I can't wait for the governor to give the go ahead for bars to fully open up without having to pretend to be restaurants.
I had a beer called "Rattlesnake" which, if memory serves, ia a Texas brew. It was at a party in NYC but I never saw it anywhere else. Is this still around wmg1299?

Cider weather.
27660A2F-5180-4C35-926A-F98C82A1A3EE.jpeg

IMG_20200930_214705711.jpg

All this Gin talk is making me.... Good thing it's only Wednesday I didn't want to crack this yet. I've been drinking this the last year or so. It drinks easy even though its high octane.
I like the Hendricks and Tanqueray 10 no cucumbers lime only here

Can't drink Bombay anymore, for some reason it just burns a hole in my stomach.

I had a beer called "Rattlesnake" which, if memory serves, ia a Texas brew. It was at a party in NYC but I never saw it anywhere else. Is this still around wmg1299?

From what I can find, Rattlesnake was made by the Spoetzl Brewery (Famous for Shiner Bock) in Shiner, TX. It hasn't been made for a few years. Apparently, there is an entire market among hipsters for older beers that are no longer produced. I actually saw a beer forum post where someone was bragging about drinking a 1995 vintage Rattlesnake. That's a little hardcore for my taste. When I was working in bars in college, we tossed beer after a few months (or disposed of it amongst the staff afterhours).

Back