testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

I don't doubt that there are some others out there that I would enjoy, I'm just not inclined to take a chance on ordering something I don't like when I already know what I do like. Friends say I'm often more logical than adventurous ....... but it seems to have served me pretty well over the past 74 years. (y)(y)(y):D
30 yrs in the spirits industry ...

Trust your instinct

try it neat
Try it on ice
Try it with water

if you dont like it one of those 3 ways... move on .. life is too short for crappy drinks

There is no “ the best of the best”

i have sold and own spirits upward of $100,000.

if you don't like it .. move on
Everyone like something different .
Why there are blomdes. Brunettes, and redheads
Well Killer, I was about to agree with you but then realized I like blonds, brunettes, and redheads ...... and I typically like them all three ways!!! But I'm not sure what that has to do with a good sippin' whisky/whiskey!!! ;););):D(y)

Oh yeh, and I already said I like 'em straight with water by it. (y) (y) (y)

Well Killer, I was about to agree with you but then realized I like blonds, brunettes, and redheads ...... and I typically like them all three ways!!! But I'm not sure what that has to do with a good sippin' whisky/whiskey!!! ;););):D(y)

Oh yeh, and I already said I like 'em straight with water by it. (y) (y) (y)
Fair enough...
Good point !!

DFEB18A1-0AFA-4313-8778-575ABA62EB2B.jpeg

Local watering hole got multiple kegs of Hopslam, and I got the first pour...a full pint, not a 9oz (normal pour) “to make sure the line is clear” (it is—I got a taste prior).

It’s good to be a regular...and also tipping well.

I'm just a simple man who enjoys simple pleasures, so I wouldn't know a 'specialty' beer if was running down my throat. And often when finding how hard it is to acquire any certain specialty brand, I simply run out of patience and go buy my old standby ..... Miller Draft! Was introduced to it many years ago and liked it, so why not stay with it. As long as it's 'ice' cold! I can't stand pizz warm beer or fresh woke up woman. I'd rather take an azz whippin' than to suffer through with either of them.

Like I said, I'm a very simple man who requires only very simple pleasures.
Fresh woke woman? Don't mind if I do !

Not often, but when I do, Corona in a glass bottle with half a lime.

A quick 'sprinkle' of salt on that wet napkin will prevent the napkin from sticking to the bottom of the mug when you lift it for a drink. Try it, it's almost like 'magic' !!! (y)(y)(y)

Go ahead and enjoy yourself Hans, then maybe one for me ......... I don't think I can make it there in 10-15 minutes. :(;)

A quick 'sprinkle' of salt on that wet napkin will prevent the napkin from sticking to the bottom of the mug when you lift it for a drink. Try it, it's almost like 'magic' !!! (y)(y)(y)

Go ahead and enjoy yourself Hans, then maybe one for me ......... I don't think I can make it there in 10-15 minutes. :(;)
I uh…

I just get a fresh napkin.;)

And I’m now in my back yard, enjoying more Oktoberfest…have a decent fire going, going to open grill steaks later.
1175C178-65E5-4FA7-B837-8E383B9D3DF1.jpeg

608671D1-4F71-4870-9EB1-13D6B2D3C597.jpeg

An actual German Oktoberfest…

(A lot of big German labels—Becks, Paulaner, and a couple others—are brewed sub rosa by US breweries for distribution here in the states)

Back