testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

Turbo Dog

Attachments

• 3943A760-A264-4E8E-8E45-C9D193205E53.png
    3943A760-A264-4E8E-8E45-C9D193205E53.png
    421.5 KB · Views: 146
I was stationed in Germany and the UK in 2008. My wife came over and we toured during my time off. I drank beer at the famous Hoffbrauhaus in Munich during the Oktoberfest to go with my pretzel, and found the number of beers to choose from in DE to be dizzying. But I think my favorite beer in Europe was a Trappist beer in Bruges Belgium. I drank two beers with my Belgian rabbit and thought my wife was going to have to help me to the bus. I never developed a taste for English beer or ale. But then I went to Scotland and learned about single malt scotch and never looked back.

I was stationed in Germany and the UK in 2008. My wife came over and we toured during my time off. I drank beer at the famous Hoffbrauhaus in Munich during the Oktoberfest to go with my pretzel, and found the number of beers to choose from in DE to be dizzying. But I think my favorite beer in Europe was a Trappist beer in Bruges Belgium. I drank two beers with my Belgian rabbit and thought my wife was going to have to help me to the bus. I never developed a taste for English beer or ale. But then I went to Scotland and learned about single malt scotch and never looked back.
English beer? Much about beer is the temp. where body, flavor and temperament come out and is usually better. Heavier beer is usually better when the beer itself is around 58 deg.F. Lighter beer is usually better when colder. Icebox beer, where beer is placed in freezer before serving, is great on a hot day. Buried somewhere, many beer types do have a suggested serving temp. too.

English beer? Much about beer is the temp. where body, flavor and temperament come out and is usually better. Heavier beer is usually better when the beer itself is around 58 deg.F. Lighter beer is usually better when colder. Icebox beer, where beer is placed in freezer before serving, is great on a hot day. Buried somewhere, many beer types do have a suggested serving temp. too.
I asked for a cold beer in a pub and they brought me a Sterling. WhichI learned later is imported from the U.S.

I asked for a cold beer in a pub and they brought me a Sterling. Which I learned later is imported from the U.S.
In some pubs, never know what you'll get?
Sterling is also discontinued or was, if remember right.

Here's an interesting article / guide on beer temperature selection to show differences.
(Personal tastes can and do vary though.)

In some pubs, never know what you'll get?
Sterling is also discontinued or was, if remember right.

Here's an interesting article / guide on beer temperature selection to show differences.
(Personal tastes can and do vary though.)

Talking about discontinue in Mexico when we go there to vacation years ago they a modelo lite beer wow it was really good gone now you can’t find it . I miss that beer.

Talking about discontinue in Mexico when we go there to vacation years ago they a modelo lite beer wow it was really good gone now you can’t find it . I miss that beer.
Different types of beer can come and go. And, some are only seasonal batches during certain times of the year too. That may be part of it? Haven't been to Mexico in years either.

Can't drink any more but used to enjoy Bock Beer or JP Scotch with water occasionally. Never really drank that much especially after being a Midnight Sergeant for 18 years and dealing with intoxicated people all the time.
Yah, Can be a toughy sometimes, but I don't drink anymore either.
Used to enjoy quite a bit. But, people, things and experiences can change over time.

Looks like a bunch of good choices there except for that bottle of 'Johnny Walker Red' ...... As Mathew Quigley often said about handguns "Never had much use for 'em" !!! Well, I never had much use for most Scotch's, and especially 'Johnny Walker'. I'm sure some do and more power to 'em. I'm a confirmed bourbon and/or sour mash whiskey man myself.

As for the deer...... that's a mighty fine specimen. I can't tell if there's a G4 on the left side, but even if not that's a fine rack. Congrats to the son !!! I'm sure he's proud of it, and I'm guessing it's a pretty proud dad too !!!(y)(y)(y)

Bettin' he got him with that Saint Victor 308 he claimed from you ...... huh? Smart boy that one !!! ;):):):)

Back