testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

There's a current crisis here in Virginia. The state run liquor stores are struggling to keep liquor on their shelves due to supply chain disruptions. The state claims glass bottles and raw materials are in short supply coupled with transportation issues. Anyone seeing similar issues where they live?

Yes somewhat. Our liquor stores are ok, but go to a drive thru and ask for a few packages of ketchup and they'll laugh in your face. Haven't seen those in a few months.
I just do not understand why the beer folks stopped with the returnable long neck bottles that were so common up to the late 80's or early 90's. I've heard from them that it was so much cheaper to just buy new. I have a hard time believing that.

Several micro breweries do not even mess with any bottles it's kegs or cans.

2022-01-2918.31.123292953639063935551.jpg

There's a current crisis here in Virginia. The state run liquor stores are struggling to keep liquor on their shelves due to supply chain disruptions. The state claims glass bottles and raw materials are in short supply coupled with transportation issues. Anyone seeing similar issues where they live?

I work in the adult beverage biz. Beer & spirits
The breweries and distilleries cannot get enough glass bottles or aluminum, etc .. covid staff reductions at plant that make everything from corks, to bottles, to raw materials to grain supplies are in massive shortage and delays . No drivers. No materials to go to needed places

Not a beer guy anymore. Used to be, but much prefer bourbon in my old age.

Depending on setting and time of day, I can go for an old fashioned, a bourbon and soda, or just a double (either neat or on the rocks).

Back