testtest

Powder River Precision Trigger Kit Review

I am at a loss to explain changing the trigger from stock. These guns are designed to carry for protection. The need to add a precision trigger to a pistol that’s designed to be pulled and fired under stress to me is needless money spent.

These pistols weren’t designed to shoot bullseye matches after all.

I am at a loss to explain changing the trigger from stock. These guns are designed to carry for protection. The need to add a precision trigger to a pistol that’s designed to be pulled and fired under stress to me is needless money spent.

These pistols weren’t designed to shoot bullseye matches after all.
And the trigger mods aren't designed to shoot bullseye matches either. Just to eliminate slop, shorten reset and sometimes lighten trigger pull. There's no shortage of striker fired guns with horrible triggers. Many of them are Springfields.

And the trigger mods aren't designed to shoot bullseye matches either. Just to eliminate slop, shorten reset and sometimes lighten trigger pull. There's no shortage of striker fired guns with horrible triggers. Many of them are Springfields.
Agree! In my case, I have small hands with 62 year old fingers - reducing trigger pull/slop is a must for me plus keeping my would be assailants at a greater distance as a bonus, lol!

I would argue that a gun designed to be used under stress has an even greater need for accuracy and reliability.

For the record, no matter how hard you try you are not going to find a trigger for a striker that is light like a 1911. Not only do we train to at least somewhat mitigate the terrible effects of adrenaline on our thought process through muscle memory, but we train for trigger discipline as well.

The stock triggers on these pistols are very good to begin with. Under stress your finger can’t tell the difference between an 8 pound or 4 1/2 trigger.

The stock triggers on these pistols are very good to begin with. Under stress your finger can’t tell the difference between an 8 pound or 4 1/2 trigger.
Obviously his wasn't.

Maybe your finger can't tell the difference, maybe mine can't, but I wouldn't presume to know if his can. People have different levels of training and people handle stress differently. Some people get used to being shot at and being in dangerous situations. Some people are or could be tasked with making shots that exceed the 3 3 3 rule.

And trigger pull is far from the main reason people do trigger mods on striker fired carry guns.

Obviously his wasn't.

Maybe your finger can't tell the difference, maybe mine can't, but I wouldn't presume to know if his can. People have different levels of training and people handle stress differently. Some people get used to being shot at and being in dangerous situations. Some people are or could be tasked with making shots that exceed the 3 3 3 rule.

And trigger pull is far from the main reason people do trigger mods on striker fired carry guns.
If you had read the article you’d have seen his comment on the trigger of his gun to be great.

Unfortunately, most guns today don't come with the great Smith & Wesson and Colt triggers of yesteryear. Even my Ruger SP101 had to have some trigger work done to smooth out the grittyness.
Was in a local gun store today goofy off, 1911 triggers are sweet, fondle a sub compact Kimberly 7 capacity 9mm for reference, sweet !

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Powder River Precision Trigger Kit Review” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/powder-river-precision-trigger-kit-review/.
What are your thoughts on a prosecutor arguing someone is guilty of negligence and manslaughter? Massad Ayoob advocates carrying only stock triggers. I just bought the PRP after reading this article. What do you think of the possible legal ramfications of using this on a self defense gun.

What are your thoughts on a prosecutor arguing someone is guilty of negligence and manslaughter? Massad Ayoob advocates carrying only stock triggers. I just bought the PRP after reading this article. What do you think of the possible legal ramfications of using this on a self defense gun.
I have asked Massad ( and every single other person who ever advocated that) to provide one single example of it ever happening. No one could.

Back