testtest

Prodigy 4.25" Front sight

leonxxxi

Alpha
So I picked up the 4.25" Prodigy and took it to the range. A couple hiccups during firing but around the ~150 round mark I started hitting the target pretty far to the left. After finishing the magazine that was in and clearing it out I noticed that the front sight was drifting out of the slide. Anyone have this problem or hear of anyone else having this problem? It's to the point that I can freely slide the front sight in and out of the cut out.

I had that happen with my X5Legion but I was using a holster. This is nothing that a gunsmith or a set of calipers and some blue loctite can’t fix.

So I picked up the 4.25" Prodigy and took it to the range. A couple hiccups during firing but around the ~150 round mark I started hitting the target pretty far to the left. After finishing the magazine that was in and clearing it out I noticed that the front sight was drifting out of the slide. Anyone have this problem or hear of anyone else having this problem? It's to the point that I can freely slide the front sight in and out of the cut out.
Call Springfield Armory and explain what’s going on and see what they say.
(800) 680-6866

Make SA fix it. Unfortunately this happens on a regular basis across manufacturers. Tolerance stacking. Wide slot, narrow sight. They should have an over sized sight they can file to fit. But make them do it.
This.

Do not DIY it with loctite; just…don’t.

If you have a local gunsmith, they can probably peen the sight so it won’t move; usually a do it while you wait job, so you don’t have to sweat turnaround time going to and from SA; shouldn’t run you a whole lot, either.

Also—if you think you might want a different front sight—say fiber optic, or tritium—might as well do it now.

Thats really weird since they have roll pin and are pined to the slide. The pin is hidden underneath the fiber optic. It should be impossible to move.

Oh a note to any other Prodigy users to remove the front, you have to remove the fiber optic pipe, to reveal the roll pin. Then punch the roll pin completely through the slide. If you try to drift it without removing the roll pin you will break it.

Front sight retainer roll pun hole.

9A51529E-F3BC-4A7A-B458-B4F63AFF718B.jpeg

It is almost getting to the point of an organized effort to discredit. Should they have used a stronger recoil spring or labeled one target and one tactical or duty. Yes they absolutely should have. It should have came with the standard spring installed but some bone head thought let's use really light springs and everyone will say how buttery smooth the slide is instead of how weak the spring was.

But this constant drone of BS is out of hand.

It really seems people are trolling the heck out of this gun.
Well, maybe the factory forgot to put the roll pin in?

Or like me when I took the thing completely apart the first time, I din not look. When I removed my front with a sight pusher I sheared the roll pin. But I have others so I just replaced mine.

I am not even a SA guy.
Well, maybe the factory forgot to put the roll pin in?

Or like me when I took the thing completely apart the first time, I din not look. When I removed my front with a sight pusher I sheared the roll pin. But I have others so I just replaced mine.
Trolling is my story and I am sticking too it even if proven wrong 😂 I am not even a SA guy. I do like my buddy's XD. Great shooter. But this nonsense is just crazy stupid.

Thats really weird since they have roll pin and are pined to the slide. The pin is hidden underneath the fiber optic. It should be impossible to move.

Oh a note to any other Prodigy users to remove the front, you have to remove the fiber optic pipe, to reveal the roll pin. Then punch the roll pin completely through the slide. If you try to drift it without removing the roll pin you will break it.
So I got in touch with the warranty dept but I was taking a look at the front sight and it seems like there was no pin in it so someone dropped the ball on that one.

That’s nothing compared to the straight up **** talking going on at 1911 Addicts and GlockTalk.
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. There are some good folks on 1911 Addicts, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen people be excited about a new production gun they just bought, post pics, and then get completely talked to down to and made to feel inadequate because they didn't spent at least $3k on a custom. 1911 snobs can be some of the worst.
So I got in touch with the warranty dept but I was taking a look at the front sight and it seems like there was no pin in it so someone dropped the ball on that one.
So what was the outcome - are they sending you a pin, or asking you to send the whole slide back?

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people be excited about a new production gun they just bought, post pics of it on 1911 Addicts, and then get completely talked to down to and made to feel inadequate because they didn't spent at least $3k on a custom.

So what was the outcome - are they sending you a pin, or asking you to send the whole slide back?
Sending the whole firearm to them. There were a couple failure to feeds and failure to eject so I guess they're gonna take a look at the whole thing

Back