testtest

Prodigy Grip Replacement(s)

Triad999

Alpha
The mag release holes on my Prodigy have worn out and will no longer keep the mag release in place. Springfield has told me that they do not have modules for sale but if I send it in they will replace it, it will take 4-6 weeks. Has anyone in the forum actually used a Staccato (or other manufacturer) grip to replace their grip? I love the gun and I'm a long time proponent oof Springfield but it crap like this that kind of pisses me off about them.

I shoot IDPA, USPSA and 3 Gun with this gun, so. its been worked hard since it came to live with me.

Help me out gang.
Thanks

The mag release holes on my Prodigy have worn out and will no longer keep the mag release in place. Springfield has told me that they do not have modules for sale but if I send it in they will replace it, it will take 4-6 weeks. Has anyone in the forum actually used a Staccato (or other manufacturer) grip to replace their grip? I love the gun and I'm a long time proponent oof Springfield but it crap like this that kind of pisses me off about them.

I shoot IDPA, USPSA and 3 Gun with this gun, so. its been worked hard since it came to live with me.

Help me out gang.
Thanks
I'm pretty sure @xdman has actually swapped out his grip module and he maybe better able to answer your question.

If the pistol has admittedly been in hard usage, it's difficult to assign total fault upon Springfield Armory. Only yourself, of course, can be certain. Nothing lasts forever. And, on a brighter note, Springfield will replace the part(s).

Ok call me stupid, but how the hell do you wear out the mag release holes? Please post a picture because this is a new one. Unless you damage the frame somehow, maybe deform the grove that holds the mag release retainer?

Last edited:
Back