testtest

Prodigy Questions -

I think the clone talk is to keep the HK purists happy. That way when you complain about your clone not working they can gloat and say “ Shoulda bought an HK”. Certainly with the MKEs I don’t think the clone tag applies because they’re made on HK tooling - albeit aged tooling - by a military supplier. My AP5-P had the occasional FTE when I first got it and I replaced the ejector and spring with HK ones and it has run flawlessly since.

Bottom line - if you’re running an MP5 of any kind you get massive street cred.
MKE: I can state, for the record…you drop a HK MP5 BCG into it, and it will run, 100%.

Also, you can swap a preban HK94 trigger group in.

IYKYK.

I think the clone talk is to keep the HK purists happy. That way when you complain about your clone not working they can gloat and say “ Shoulda bought an HK”. Certainly with the MKEs I don’t think the clone tag applies because they’re made on HK tooling - albeit aged tooling - by a military supplier. My AP5-P had the occasional FTE when I first got it and I replaced the ejector and spring with HK ones and it has run flawlessly since.

Bottom line - if you’re running an MP5 of any kind you get massive street cred.
Since we are totally off the Prodigy and onto the MP5.......

The 1st 300 rounds break-in with my AP5-P was terrible - FTE constantly.
Then it fixed itself between 300/350 - I did't replace a thing - now it runs great.

MKE: I can state, for the record…you drop a HK MP5 BCG into it, and it will run, 100%.

Also, you can swap a preban HK94 trigger group in.

IYKYK.
Yes, you direct swap any HK parts into an MKE.

Does the HK94 trigger group require any modification? I assume we’re talking into an AP5. Will it go in the AP5P?

I was running 124gr nato the 1st 500. It was so bad - I thought I was going to have to contact Century Arms - but then...at around 300 - it ran the final 200 more nato - then 115gr blazer, 124gr, etc. I have not tried to run hollow points though.
I ran 115’s through my P initially, then after a few issues—mainly with the aftermarket ETS mags—it cleared up switching to 124 NATO for a few hundred rounds.

Now, HK and MKE mags run fine, but the ETS have occasional hiccups in the P. Hotter JHP run fine.

My Zenith Z5RS runs anything in any mag, though. The “up” mag is 32rds of Ranger-T 147gr in a HK “LE/M Restricted” mag.

Funny, you went reverse of how I did. I went prodigy 4.25 first. It sucked. Sent it in to SA for warranty, back very quickly, it’s been an ammo eating, accurate great shooting pistol since.
At 2500ish rounds, I put an EGW kit in it. Really cleaned up the trigger.

Couple months ago, I went Staccato P. It’s bone stock other than a 2lb trigger I adjusted it to and an 18lb main spring.
Side by side, great shooters. Very close to each other.
Fit and finish, Staccato hands down.
Value? Well, your money, your wallet :). They both get the job done.

Funny, you went reverse of how I did. I went prodigy 4.25 first. It sucked. Sent it in to SA for warranty, back very quickly, it’s been an ammo eating, accurate great shooting pistol since.
At 2500ish rounds, I put an EGW kit in it. Really cleaned up the trigger.

Couple months ago, I went Staccato P. It’s bone stock other than a 2lb trigger I adjusted it to and an 18lb main spring.
Side by side, great shooters. Very close to each other.
Fit and finish, Staccato hands down.
Value? Well, your money, your wallet :). They both get the job done.
I appreciate your order of aquisition.

With the stacacato, it did have the threaded barrel - so I didn't have to seek that out for a Prodigy.
(I'm currently waiting on a Form 4 for an Obsidian 9)
Financially, I am in a better position to swing the Staccato now......and possibly pick up the Prodigy later......or, may find I don't need the Prodigy.

Do you have a preference for which one you shoot?
What is your percentage between the 2 - 50/50? 60/40?

I appreciate your order of aquisition.

With the stacacato, it did have the threaded barrel - so I didn't have to seek that out for a Prodigy.
(I'm currently waiting on a Form 4 for an Obsidian 9)
Financially, I am in a better position to swing the Staccato now......and possibly pick up the Prodigy later......or, may find I don't need the Prodigy.

Do you have a preference for which one you shoot?
What is your percentage between the 2 - 50/50? 60/40?
When I’m at the range by myself.. I’ll shoot my Staccato 70%, Prodigy 20% and Rival S 10%.
Frankly, I typically just bring the Staccato and Rival To the range and still shoot the Staccato much more often.
I have 1200 to 1400 through it.. well over 6K rounds through my Prodigy and roughly the 2K to 2500 neighborhood through my Rival S.

My Staccato is my go to. Somewhat because I consider the Prodigy my wife’s backup to her Legion X5.
however… I broke into a little bit of a cold sweat when she shoots my Staccato and comments how well she likes it… LOL.

Dadoser, in being frank. I have enough ammo run through my Prodigy I feel 100% comfortable with it no matter what.
I paid the bill, I like shooting the P, it’s aluminum so it’s a hair lighter… and I like the optic on it better.
I have an SRO 1MOA on my P, I have a DPP 2.5MOA on the Prodigy and Rival S.

I’ll have it at a buddy’s house Saturday on his property. I’m going to just run the every living ** out of it, because so far, zero issues on the P. I’m gonna mag dump, rinse, repeat…see if I can get it to fail or give me one iota of any kind of issue.

Back