testtest

produce sacks..??

Old_Me

Ronin
here we have anew grocery store named Market Basket.

it has been here for like a year now, and today i went there.

but i only went there, cuz the farm stand was closed, and i don't like waiting for opening.

to me, all stores ought to be 24/7...

anyway, like many of you, i have bore snakes, an it'll be time soon to wash them.

but how?

so as i was in the produce section, i came across these.

i bought 2, to a cardboard.

for the small dollars, why not try them?

what do some of you use to wash your bore snakes?

or do you just toss them away, and get new ones?

here we have anew grocery store named Market Basket.

it has been here for like a year now, and today i went there.

but i only went there, cuz the farm stand was closed, and i don't like waiting for opening.

to me, all stores ought to be 24/7...

anyway, like many of you, i have bore snakes, an it'll be time soon to wash them.

but how?

so as i was in the produce section, i came across these.

i bought 2, to a cardboard.

for the small dollars, why not try them?

what do some of you use to wash your bore snakes?

or do you just toss them away, and get new ones?
Don’t use bore snakes myself, don’t care for them, I rather clean my guns the original way, cleaning rods, patches, jags, brushes and some elbow grease.

Don’t use bore snakes myself, don’t care for them, I rather clean my guns the original way, cleaning rods, patches, jags, brushes and some elbow grease.
well for my .22, either the LR or mag, it is quite difficult to get the patch, the scrub brush, in the barrels.

i found the bore snake to be darned good for those guns.

for my revolvers, i really hate to insert the brush thru the muzzle end.

so i been using bore snakes for a while now, on those guns.

the 1911's, and 9mm's, i do not use them.

well for my .22, either the LR or mag, it is quite difficult to get the patch, the scrub brush, in the barrels.

That’s why I use coated rods for my revolvers and use a brass bore guide as to not let the rod rub the lands, it’s a myth that a rod rubbing the lands and grooves will damage them, you would have to be using the rod for thousands of times to create any noticeable issues. Been doing this method for over 40 years now with no damage or issues

That’s why I use coated rods for my revolvers and use a brass bore guide as to not let the rod rub the lands, it’s a myth that a rod rubbing the lands and grooves will damage them, you would have to be using the rod for thousands of times to create any noticeable issues. Been doing this method for over 40 years now with no damage or issues
yeah, i have a Tetra coated rod, use it for all the guns, except the .22's.

i use brass or bronze brushes as well.

1691085292496.gif

Actually I hardly ever clean the barrels on my .22lr, once a year maybe, with the coated bullets, I have no fouling, I do run a patch with oil on it to get rid on the powder residue, when I competed in .22 silhouette, bunch of the guys said don’t clean the barrel just an oily patch every so often, so that’s what I still do today

Back