testtest

produce sacks..??

there's just something wrong with saying you use a bra laundry bag.......

i dunno, at nearly 5 AM now, i am giddy as all hell.
i think it was listed as loose items bag or something? nylon mesh with a locking zipper. she was not amused
apparently bras go wild in a front load machine and need to be contained :love:
:eek: :ROFLMAO:

i use bore snakes when we are at range after 50 or more rounds to remove some of the residue
my colt 1911 is sensitive to STUFF on the feed ramp.

but old fashioned swabs and rods at home

yeah, little by little, my walmart stores are not carrying many gun related items like they used to.

i actually have to go saturday for some food items, i'll check that isle then...thanks
our two stopped carrying firearms for about 2 years
then they did the FULL STORE upgrade, new floors, moved everything around so you could not find stuff
and BOOM we have a full on outdoors department again rifles, pistols, more ammo, more firearm everything
shocked was I

our two stopped carrying firearms for about 2 years
then they did the FULL STORE upgrade, new floors, moved everything around so you could not find stuff
and BOOM we have a full on outdoors department again rifles, pistols, more ammo, more firearm everything
shocked was I
I don't actually step foot in Walmart and haven't in a long time. Since my local one stopped carrying handgun and AR ammo. The cleaning rods were gifts from the wife. Probably trying to woo me back into Walmart. Or at least get me to get off her back about her spending my money there.

i have been searching for carbon fiber rods for some time, then i forget about them.

started searching again, and none to be found.

i was hoping for a Hoppes.

but there too, prices are all over the place.
I expressly use Dewey coated Rods, started using them when I shot benchrest competition back in the 90’s and still use them today, got one for handguns from Dillion Precision

I expressly use Dewey coated Rods, started using them when I shot benchrest competition back in the 90’s and still use them today, got one for handguns from Dillion Precision
i was reading reviews on those Dewey's.

seems like some have said the protective coating scrape's off???

that's why i am looking (and have on order) a Hoppes Carbon Fiber 8".

i was reading reviews on those Dewey's.

seems like some have said the protective coating scrape's off???

that's why i am looking (and have on order) a Hoppes Carbon Fiber 8".
None of mine scraped off, I still got the original ones from my benchrest days, my handgun rod is over 20 years old and nothing scraped off or anything, I don’t believe half that 💩you read on the innerweb, my opinions are based on my experience with products, just me

UPDATE:

the Amazon driver just delivered my new Hoppes carbon fiber cleaning rod.

when i first ordered it, i was told sometime in September...then 3 weeks ago, then 1 week ago.

i like the grip handle, much better than the Tetra one i have, which in the pics, you can see how the coating on the Tetra scraped off, while cleaning one of my revolvers.

i cannot say why that happened, i have cleaned all my 6" revolvers the same way each time.

so i take responsibility for the scrapes, but it also goes to show, it was a cheap coating. maybe just painted on??

i also used that Tetra rod on all other guns, from 2.5" to 5" barrels.

i also bought a 45 caliber bore snake, for 1 of my revolvers as well. (got that at walmart)

AIL4fc-5VZ6gEspgVJm5liDRzmQt3Zb1lxsXP5RMRSjtCD8vgb6Jb0FzH3ohyR0VE7XYkLlMJuepZtX3T0WQvibxTjmhkGi2H-Xwxpe5LWDsoiTpbplYrxqJtS155YlIVpkby5nvMHgrmwu22Y1-VTUl-ilFwyPLpd0IqshmjRGxnQbAtQNXVDWHsGza3UZbWC0C-W71hl0R4y3949MOQSbf90U1sI8mo_ZW-HHZw7eee4-HhNCrLHXCBpJCNEzymRfisKFoJMzAjtdEauA-2DQMl8RIcEH_WpMis9ywUpBOOPUSkleIeZAjs8FeK4kp3OQzTAJVkqUvlTdyHdhA_RV2YVp6j4MSVy8_rGYOc8lweYNt8105gzlDxm7lWCn_ODwk6nZbzOfGUoa5jz1D5qfkB8NNsd2dPqKHorMVV9MdaX07jG2XVK_gnPt4h0XAP5PLajk2Z9youIslfMMBDR4Rb6hu-h_57zHApC6kBQXT6XO8vmNekqEnUqQq1Z8eDlB1lRnSe5jIhtfiNBjWciUGxQFGxGRHSE8opPIAikO6a-83qJ1MdchDHtOOmusL1tTZHBEQ5PxpxMRJutZp83z1_5K1qpGUK_xeIx217dt_Eu96fL7lBVQjYF5z82S3O2kvxYJ8vJ84M-Dql1NS3rvrxc5eYkHQy4Lv0c8S4qh_6S1vYpIw9QfxLCZWlED3D3iT1XCg9rgvG7WNyLUV0f05GDjratcOG_MBCrv1HoJiftuYdz4eSKmlYcudhBBGTAb0SlBr1DvRH2_Bez09ab7ocCrVkg_OgEaGOzbHy8RUCYQi2Scg3O1rEyTrqP-n11mmh7NKu3jYFzLmS9K95YRxDa1iXGiMO8luLfN1bGSx3hXOeol1bQbVilucv0Q0AmKuSZfYfWvGLbMRAWpUTtyvtdHZ1Q=w1241-h931-s-no

UPDATE:

the Amazon driver just delivered my new Hoppes carbon fiber cleaning rod.

when i first ordered it, i was told sometime in September...then 3 weeks ago, then 1 week ago.

i like the grip handle, much better than the Tetra one i have, which in the pics, you can see how the coating on the Tetra scraped off, while cleaning one of my revolvers.

i cannot say why that happened, i have cleaned all my 6" revolvers the same way each time.

so i take responsibility for the scrapes, but it also goes to show, it was a cheap coating. maybe just painted on??

i also used that Tetra rod on all other guns, from 2.5" to 5" barrels.

i also bought a 45 caliber bore snake, for 1 of my revolvers as well. (got that at walmart)

AIL4fc-5VZ6gEspgVJm5liDRzmQt3Zb1lxsXP5RMRSjtCD8vgb6Jb0FzH3ohyR0VE7XYkLlMJuepZtX3T0WQvibxTjmhkGi2H-Xwxpe5LWDsoiTpbplYrxqJtS155YlIVpkby5nvMHgrmwu22Y1-VTUl-ilFwyPLpd0IqshmjRGxnQbAtQNXVDWHsGza3UZbWC0C-W71hl0R4y3949MOQSbf90U1sI8mo_ZW-HHZw7eee4-HhNCrLHXCBpJCNEzymRfisKFoJMzAjtdEauA-2DQMl8RIcEH_WpMis9ywUpBOOPUSkleIeZAjs8FeK4kp3OQzTAJVkqUvlTdyHdhA_RV2YVp6j4MSVy8_rGYOc8lweYNt8105gzlDxm7lWCn_ODwk6nZbzOfGUoa5jz1D5qfkB8NNsd2dPqKHorMVV9MdaX07jG2XVK_gnPt4h0XAP5PLajk2Z9youIslfMMBDR4Rb6hu-h_57zHApC6kBQXT6XO8vmNekqEnUqQq1Z8eDlB1lRnSe5jIhtfiNBjWciUGxQFGxGRHSE8opPIAikO6a-83qJ1MdchDHtOOmusL1tTZHBEQ5PxpxMRJutZp83z1_5K1qpGUK_xeIx217dt_Eu96fL7lBVQjYF5z82S3O2kvxYJ8vJ84M-Dql1NS3rvrxc5eYkHQy4Lv0c8S4qh_6S1vYpIw9QfxLCZWlED3D3iT1XCg9rgvG7WNyLUV0f05GDjratcOG_MBCrv1HoJiftuYdz4eSKmlYcudhBBGTAb0SlBr1DvRH2_Bez09ab7ocCrVkg_OgEaGOzbHy8RUCYQi2Scg3O1rEyTrqP-n11mmh7NKu3jYFzLmS9K95YRxDa1iXGiMO8luLfN1bGSx3hXOeol1bQbVilucv0Q0AmKuSZfYfWvGLbMRAWpUTtyvtdHZ1Q=w1241-h931-s-no
FYI...if you want a good coated cleaning rod, don't buy the cheap Tetra, get a Dewey, mine has never scraped off and I bought them back in the 90's and still use them

FYI...if you want a good coated cleaning rod, don't buy the cheap Tetra, get a Dewey, mine has never scraped off and I bought them back in the 90's and still use them
yeah, that's why i stayed away from Dewey, cuz the customers reviews said they scraped off the coating. those guys could have been very aggressive in cleaning, as i am not, i am in no rush.

so when i was at the range one day, i saw the Tetra, and bought that.

i had been using either aluminum or brass roads in the past, but those were 2 piece units, and sometimes would break if i used a brass jag..and the patch got hard to push thru the barrel

so i switched to plastic jags, (the ones with an eyelet, not the pointed end) and 1 piece rods.

i found the Tetra doesn't have a good coating as well.

the Hoppes being carbon fiber, if it should scrape while cleaning, it shouldn't scratch the barrel?

yeah, that's why i stayed away from Dewey, cuz the customers reviews said they scraped off the coating. those guys could have been very aggressive in cleaning, as i am not, i am in no rush.

so when i was at the range one day, i saw the Tetra, and bought that.

i had been using either aluminum or brass roads in the past, but those were 2 piece units, and sometimes would break if i used a brass jag..and the patch got hard to push thru the barrel

so i switched to plastic jags, (the ones with an eyelet, not the pointed end) and 1 piece rods.

i found the Tetra doesn't have a good coating as well.

the Hoppes being carbon fiber, if it should scrape while cleaning, it shouldn't scratch the barrel?
I never go by or believe the innweb reviews, I go by my own experience, plus when I shot benchrest competition, Dewey is all the other the competitors used, trust me, those bunch of guys know there stuff, especially when most are using 2 or more $6,000 rifles to compete with.

Back