testtest

PSA - Chinese Cans

Classified

Professional
Founding Member
Just an heads up. If you have one of these it may be best to turn it in before you get a knock on the door.

I suppose one could get their form one going but by the looks of it, it might be wiser to call in and ask what to do with it. A slip up on this might forfeit your 2A.

Last edited:
I knew this would be coming down the line sooner or later. I've seen these solvent traps on facebook many of times. i looked into them once and the prices plus lack of tax stamp requirement threw up way to many red flags. I'm almost positive that the ATF will be looking into anyone that bought one and will probably be visiting the home of any purchaser no matter if they gave them up willingly or not.

Agreed, I feel bad after having posted about them on a youtube video. However, I am curious how they differ from the modular build it yourself cans offered? Does the seller retain the parts until confirmation of the form 1 or can one get everything prior to approval?

So I belong to a couple form 1 fb groups. And a couple people have built these. But what they did was get approval first. Remember e-filing a form 1 right now is 30 days or less. Then after approval they ordered the wish parts. They needed up slipping through and made it to the member who then completed the can.

I have thought about it but man it is grey area for sure. The main thing that upsets me is that FB will censor me with a completely legal gun post, but yet fb basically sells illegal suppressors.

So I belong to a couple form 1 fb groups. And a couple people have built these. But what they did was get approval first. Remember e-filing a form 1 right now is 30 days or less. Then after approval they ordered the wish parts. They needed up slipping through and made it to the member who then completed the can.

I have thought about it but man it is grey area for sure. The main thing that upsets me is that FB will censor me with a completely legal gun post, but yet fb basically sells illegal suppressors.
Thats another thing. Correct me if I am wrong. I thought the law was that all such forms needed to be in paper. Meaning that efiling circumvents this, yes, it is 'faster' but it also makes it easier to have ones rights infringed as well.
I understand the thought behind streamlining and less paper but, it really does not help if one passes. It only serves in a forensic manner, if used properly. Seems as though the 2A has been infringed (again) for the sake of ease.

Back