testtest

PSA to the Rescue!!!

Hello all. I came here for a different reason but since I live 30 minutes from the PSA store in Greenville, SC I clicked on the post to see what was being said. I just wanted to say that shooting steel case ammo will not hurt the chamber, "may be a little rough on the extractor", but may not always function. I will say that I have shot several hundred steel cased Tula .223 ammo through two of my CZ Bren2 ms and a few hundred through my Colt LE6920 without a single issue with any. Thought I'd share some first hand experience.
Well, I’m here to tell you steel case Tula .223 and 5.56 jammed a Colt LE6920 and a Saint Victor quickly.

As with all ammo, to each his own. Every gun is different

Well, I’m here to tell you steel case Tula .223 and 5.56 jammed a Colt LE6920 and a Saint Victor quickly.

As with all ammo, to each his own. Every gun is different
I don't doubt that at all. My reply wasn't directed at anyone, just a statement based on my experience. The point of my reply was to point out that some rifles will work with steel case ammo.

New guy here. No where near an expert. Just saying.
I bought 1K of those for my saint 5.56. Couldn't even get thru 100 rounds before they started jamming my saint. Never again. We fought thru 300 rounds before giving up. I will run them thru my Stag. I am left handed. Cheap gun. Cheap ammo.

As far as Jarred with Guns and Gadgets, he did a video about self defense shooting. I watched it. 1 of the guys he was interviewing is some sort of a gun rights hater. Doesn't believe we as citizens have the right to own guns. I tried finding that video to share but it seems to be missing now. It was a few months ago. I cant remember his name. There was a backlash by Jarred"s viewers who knew who the guy is and what he stood for. Just saying.

I originally got on this forum to find out if Springfield is building or has plans to build a 10mm XDm Elite 5.25 OSP ready.
Your not the first person I have heard of that the Saint line wont run steel 223. I run the neck out steel 223 in my Delton, it eats it all day long. My buddy couldnt get through a magazine with his saint jamming with steel, I was running tula and barnul 115 grain his saint just didnt like it at all.

I'd shoot steel cased ammo in AK's all day long if I was so inclined. It would be interesting to know if the bullets they are selling have a lead or steel core because most indoor ranges won't allow steel cored ammo.

How does it test out using a magnet compared to lead or copper core ammo may be a clue?

The local indoor range won't allow you to shoot any FMJ rifle ammo you bring. You can only shoot the ammo that the range sells.

I usually only buy and use JHP's when available. Have had some FMJ and others though.
Yah, each range can be different. So, if they're out of ammo, you can't practice? That could really stink sometimes?

How does it test out using a magnet compared to lead or copper core ammo may be a clue?
Most of the steel ammo commercially available doesn't even have a steel core. Most of it comes with a steel jacket over the lead bullet that has been copper washed. Indoor ranges can't be sure if the ammo is steel core or jacketed so the err on the side of caution.

Back