testtest

Published on SubStack

We will have to differ in our opinions of Snowden. Some of us believe he is a traitor of the highest order. He was not an intelligence professional-he was a computer tech who stole tens of thousands of TS documents and gave them to our enemies. If we are going to reference his self aggrandizing writings, it should be balanced with reports such as this:
There is a reason the Russians are harboring him-for the propaganda value.

We will have to differ in our opinions of Snowden. Some of us believe he is a traitor of the highest order. He was not an intelligence professional-he was a computer tech who stole tens of thousands of TS documents and gave them to our enemies. If we are going to reference his self aggrandizing writings, it should be balanced with reports such as this:
+1

Then his bio is pure falsehood as he claims some rather lofty positions in the intel community. May be documentation to verify but I have not researched. Gave them to our enemies? Don't know about that. What did he gain from it?
He also told us what the Government was doing to us. Course, few cared. How can a person be a traitor when it seems any (enemy) Nation can simply hack in and get all they want? The only secrets the US can keep is from its own citizens.
There is still a lot to be discovered, and yes, I'm curious about what relationship Russia has with him.

Heres the deal though. Even if he were a traitor, what of the depth and vision of his writings, all of which I have consumed, on SubStack? I'm guessing anyone who follows him will acknowledge his eloquence and insight and warnings to the citizens of this country. As he says, he used to work for the Government but now works for the public. I'm leaving the verdict open till all the evidence is in and in the meanwhile digesting his awesome talents in research and writing. Sure we will disagree and that is fine but as of this moment he has HERO status with this VN Vet.

As a fellow Vietnam vet you will recall the Cold War and that the Soviet Union was our enemy. Who do you think is actually writing the stuff he is publishing in Russia? Believe what you will but do some research on this guy and you may change your mind.

Best Regards, and welcome home Brother!

I haven’t read Snowden’s sub stack. And there is certainly much to be concerned about with our government. But there is a right and wrong way to go about it. Snowden picked the wrong way. I’m not big at all on him…

I haven’t read Snowden’s sub stack. And there is certainly much to be concerned about with our government. But there is a right and wrong way to go about it. Snowden picked the wrong way. I’m not big at all on him…
Understand. But what way would have worked for Ed? The Government way, following Protocol and chain of command sure would have gotten him nothing but a smear job and prison. The Greatest of men, having paid the greatest sacrifice have seldom been been accepted/acknowledged, until much later and too late. In the Intelligence community, whistleblowing is hardly different from Treason. For those unbiased enough to read his recent articles could be an eye opener. Enter Lt. Col. Scheller.

Scheller did not share confidential/secret information. He merely asked for accountability and criticized the top brass. AND he hung around and dealt with the consequences. He didn’t run to a communist country to avoid paying the piper for what he did.

Scheller did not share confidential/secret information. He merely asked for accountability and criticized the top brass. AND he hung around and dealt with the consequences. He didn’t run to a communist country to avoid paying the piper for what he did.
K. We will remain light years apart on Ed. BTW, Russia was not his final (planned) destination.

Scheller: The consequences of (an exemplary 17 year career, with combat leadership) exercising his (truthful) 1st A right, was the brig, held from communications with family/attorney and we shall see what's next. The USA has, in some aspects, adopted the old KGB and CCP manuals for dealing with conscientious objectors, free thinkers, opponents (political & personal) and anyone else that prefers not to toe the party line.

At least he manned up and took his medicine. He knew he’d receive consequences for speaking up. Snowden ran and gave top secret information to a foreign adversary. These two are light years apart.

I’m not saying Snowden’s criticisms aren’t accurate. And I’m not saying he’s not a smart individual. I’m saying he took the wrong path in how he went about expressing his concerns and grievances and obviously did his own cause more harm than good.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Just not a fan of Snowden…

At least he manned up and took his medicine. He knew he’d receive consequences for speaking up. Snowden ran and gave top secret information to a foreign adversary. These two are light years apart.

I’m not saying Snowden’s criticisms aren’t accurate. And I’m not saying he’s not a smart individual. I’m saying he took the wrong path in how he went about expressing his concerns and grievances and obviously did his own cause more harm than good.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. Just not a fan of Snowden…
OK. So exercising one's 1st A right is brig worthy and (stellar) career ending? Kremlin and CCP tactics.

Snowden informed all American citizens that they were being illegally spied on by their own government. Needless to say, most did not give a hoot and some even despised him for taking a heroic stand for a moral conscientious objection and called his public service treason. Reverse the Truth; Democratic Party, Kremlin & CCP warfare against Constitutional rights.

Taking advice, I did further research. And found this:

Had the highest clearances/access possible.
Worked for both CIA/NSA.
Top or near in all classes.
Held teaching/instruction positions at times.
Functioned as designer/engineer/systems admin/problem solver.
Pioneer in what we now call “cloud storage”.
Before eighteen years of age, discovered a glaring gap in security of the Los Alamos Nuclear Lab website, alerted them; it was corrected and he was offered employment there.
Was the architect of the mass surveillance/collection program against all Americans and the only “secret” he exposed was its misuse.
Encrypted all his devices and threw away the key before he left Hong Kong after meeting with Greenwald which made it impossible for him reveal anything further to anyone.
Has yet to taste alcohol/tobacco/drugs.
With other nations hacking in at will it seems the only secret America’s Intelligence Community is able to keep is the illegal Constitution busting mass data collection/perpetual storage from its own citizens. That is what he “leaked”.

It's really hard for me to reconcile my feelings for Snowden.

But then again, it's also somewhat difficult for me to eat at Chick-Fil-A......

As I used to often tell my daughter, the world is not an easy place for those of us who see things in shades of gray, particularly when the world is as interconnected as it is.

It's really hard for me to reconcile my feelings for Snowden.

But then again, it's also somewhat difficult for me to eat at Chick-Fil-A......

As I used to often tell my daughter, the world is not an easy place for those of us who see things in shades of gray, particularly when the world is as interconnected as it is.
Difference between a whistleblower and a Traitor. One a Patriot, the other cares not.

“Hey, I worked really hard on this mass surveillance/collection program against all Americans for the government,
but I am not a traitor to my fellow citizens.”

“Hey, I worked really hard on this mass surveillance/collection program against all Americans for the government,
but I am not a traitor to my fellow citizens.”
Wish more IC operators had a conscience/moral integrity and blow the whistle when Government is tramping on its citizens rights. Software/mass surveillance will never have a sense of right/wrong or moral compass unless programmed in by decency.........or by a courageous person that serves his nation with the TRUTH. Did you ever do anything that later you were sorry for and did what you could to make it right???

Back