testtest

“Pulled the trigger” on a Springfield mil spec 1911

I have a mil spec 1911 for about 4 months love love this gun on the subject of the idiot scratch the best thing I found to do is you have two notch’s in the slide where the pin out after you take the pin notice where the pin lines up it will always be on the notch that is smaller one the one to the left line that up and you won’t a have a problem coagulation on the your new gun you will be hook now I am going to get another soon ha ha

This is a good video showing reassembly:

Here's a tool to prevent the scratch. I make my own from the flat side of a milk jug. You just need scissors and a hole punch, but the commercial product may be of interest:

http://www.idiotscratch.com/
Good one. - but I never liked the idea of using a ‘tool’, guitar picks or any of that for something that wouldn’t / shouldn’t ordinarily need it.
I have a mil spec 1911 for about 4 months love love this gun on the subject of the idiot scratch the best thing I found to do is you have two notch’s in the slide where the pin out after you take the pin notice where the pin lines up it will always be on the notch that is smaller one the one to the left line that up and you won’t a have a problem coagulation on the your new gun you will be hook now I am going to get another soon ha ha
Jav ! Your babbling, man. Haha!
Watch that auto spell, and use some punctuation, Lol !

Hey what do you guys recommend for mags? It only comes with one 7 round mag from Springfield so need to pick up a few more.

Any specific ones to use or avoid, or any GI style 1911 mag is fine?

Yes I like the Wilson mag the best
Agree that Wilson is prob the best. But I’ve had no issues with my Mec-Gar 8rd mags. They’re a bit less $$ too.
I assume the DYL will accept 8 rounders. Thats what you’ll find mostly as new/not used in the name brand quality ones, anyway.

Agree that Wilson is prob the best. But I’ve had no issues with my Mec-Gar 8rd mags. They’re a bit less $$ too.
I assume the DYL will accept 8 rounders. Thats what you’ll find mostly as new/not used in the name brand quality ones, anyway.
How much less is the Mec-Gar Tidal?

How much less is the Mec-Gar Tidal?
I picked up two of the Wilsons below for $30 or $32 each,new in package, a couple months ago. maybe May? At an LGS. Haven’t seen any Wilsons on a shelf since.

Got my last mec-gar over a yr ago however- maybe pre-Covid. Seems like the last one was $24-ish (?).
Sorry; thats really not much help as info.

I picked up two of the Wilsons below for $30 or $32 each,new in package, a couple months ago. maybe May? At an LGS. Haven’t seen any Wilsons on a shelf since.

Got my last mec-gar over a yr ago however- maybe pre-Covid. Seems like the last one was $24-ish (?).
Forgot the pic. I dont think these are Wilsons best.

Attachments

• F9F468F9-CADD-4B6A-94BF-0450D63B6AEA.jpeg
    F9F468F9-CADD-4B6A-94BF-0450D63B6AEA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104

If I can find the mec-gar for 25 I will buy it. I heard good things about them thanks

Here's a tool to prevent the scratch that may be of interest. I make my own from the flat side of a milk jug. You just need scissors and a hole punch. It's best to prevent this, because there's no cure!

Thank you so much for posting this. I saw this quite awhile back and due to the purchase of a new computer I had lost where I had saved it to my favorites.

The Mec Gars are hard to find in stock. I’ve used them for my P226 and the M9, and they’re reliable.

Found the Wilson mags. Are these essentially the best option? Didn’t see a blued or parkerized or phosphate finish, only stainless.

Have been wanting a decent replica of a WWII era M1911A1. The Springfield Defender Mil Spec parkerized model has been highly reviewed and is American made with a stainless match grade barrel.

Saw one available, at a discount from MSRP, with free shipping. That’s like Kryptonite to Superman. My credit card was spun into action immediately.

Curious for opinions from anyone who already owns one. It won’t change my mind about buying, but interested in what others think and any gotchas that may not be immediately obvious to a new owner.

Mine should arrive at the FFL early next week. 👍
Congratulations on the purchase. I picked up my mil-spec/GI 1911 a few years back. I would've gone with the Springfield, but Remington was running a rebate offer on the R1 that it put under $400 OTD. The biggest advantage of a mil-spec 1911 is that it will satisfy your appetite for a new 1911 for awhile. I've added one upgraded 1911 model since I bought the R1, but the classic feel of a GI 1911 never gets old at the range and keeps me from buying too many other guns or going nuts with customization.

Haven't had any issues with the Mec-Gar mine came with, But i've got 3 WC 47D's and a WC 10rd and those are absolutely flawless as well.

I found the 47D's on Primary Arms for $28/ea about a month and change back.

Here's a tool to prevent the scratch that may be of interest. I make my own from the flat side of a milk jug. You just need scissors and a hole punch. It's best to prevent this, because there's no cure!

Thanks for posting video Recusant,
Not the only good disassembly method by any means.
But, is one of the better basic 1911 field strip videos have seen, especially for beginners.

Back