testtest

Questions about Red Dots for EDC?

Okay lots of fun posts lol. Back to OP question. I EDC a red dot, specifically a holosun EPS 6 MOA dot. To me MOA size matters little but comes down to personal preference, I prefer a 2 MOA dot, but the 6 MOA was on sale, so there you have it. I pick up both no issues. I would go to the store and look at both then decide. Most start with bigger dot and work their way down it seems.

Battery life as mentioned not really an issue. Most dots are either top or side load, easy to change. Trijicon RMR is bottom load, I don’t own one seems more of a pain. As mentioned most come with MOTAC or shake awake, but honestly I bet my dot is always on while carrying anyways. Annual battery change is fine, but batteries are cheap so semi-annual works too. I like a dot that allows lower co-witness just in case.m, hence EPS.

It seems like every ccw kydex holster has an option for optic ready, there are also leather holsters out there as well if that’s your fancy. Weight leather works and galco have some, don hume and I am sure countless others.

For EDC, I prefer a closed emitter. As mentioned previously, an open emitter can allow for crap (mainly lint) to drop in and potentially block the emitter. Honestly though, I mainly prefer the closed emitter because it’s easier to clean. Just a quick wipe off with shirt on the back before holsters or after taking off for the day.

Irons work just fine and people have shot them forever, but as a new shooter myself (mainly last 8-10 years pistol) it was easy to pick up and get better with a dot. I shot against the timer, irons vs dot same gun. I was faster and more accurate with dot.

I couldn’t get a clean shot off, I had lint on my lens.

Said no one ever.

1704297704201.gif

Back