testtest

Questions about Red Dots for EDC?

Well if I’m being honest that P30 ain’t the first thing I’m reaching for if I hear my door being kicked in. Plus there’s always some level of ambient light on in my house anyway. Still, tritium sights and no dot for bedroom and bathroom guns. My trash can gun has a dot though. 😀🤣
Tritium peep sights and a Surefire forearm light on my 870. The darkness of night will not protect you out here.

Well if I’m being honest that P30 ain’t the first thing I’m reaching for if I hear my door being kicked in. Plus there’s always some level of ambient light on in my house anyway. Still, tritium sights and no dot for bedroom and bathroom guns. My trash can gun has a dot though. 😀🤣
I have a Rem 870 on the floor just under my bed. The M&P is within arms length, much faster to get to. Maybe I'm overly concerned. Leaving the striker fired cocked for long periods could (guessing) result in light primer strikes. This the main reason I'm getting a DA/SA pistol for the nightstand.

I have a Rem 870 on the floor just under my bed. The M&P is within arms length, much faster to get to. Maybe I'm overly concerned. Leaving the striker fired cocked for long periods could (guessing) result in light primer strikes. This the main reason I'm getting a DA/SA pistol for the nightstand.
It won't. Wear and getting oil or solvents ( which attracts dirt) in the striker channel will, but leaving it "Cocked" hurts nothing. Leaving magazines loaded hurts nothing either.

Quiet now, you're gonna make @KillerFord1977 jealous.
1702948842679.gif

It won't. Wear and getting oil or solvents ( which attracts dirt) in the striker channel will, but leaving it "Cocked" hurts nothing. Leaving magazines loaded hurts nothing either.
Never worried about mags, I rotate them about every three months. I have ten mags for each pistol. Don't have enough experience with striker fired pistols to know all the ins & outs. I'll pick it up. Thanks

Never worried about mags, I rotate them about every three months. I have ten mags for each pistol. Don't have enough experience with striker fired pistols to know all the ins & outs. I'll pick it up. Thanks
Most striker fired pistols aren't fully cocked until you pull the trigger. They're only half cocked.

So you never have to worry about them going off half cocked. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ok, sorry about that. But it's true. The number one cause of light primer strikes in striker guns is gunk and crap in the striker channel.

Magazines don't wear out by being under tension. They wear out by use. Loading and unloading.

Most striker fired pistols aren't fully cocked until you pull the trigger. They're only half cocked.

So you never have to worry about them going off half cocked. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ok, sorry about that. But it's true. The number one cause of light primer strikes in striker guns is gunk and crap in the striker channel.

Magazines don't wear out by being under tension. They wear out by use. Loading and unloading.
Half cocked, I like that analogy.

Here is a good balanced approach to the subject.

God bless Ken but his bias is threaded all the way through this video with his comments on the cool kids and the one percenters. Just because he talks calmly and is a respected gun guy doesn’t make him balanced or correct. Not saying he’s wrong, I’m just saying. And since we’re citing YouTube as our source of expertise here is an equally interesting video featuring Mike Pannone of CTT solutions who has some equally impressive bona fides.

God bless Ken but his bias is threaded all the way through this video with his comments on the cool kids and the one percenters. Just because he talks calmly and is a respected gun guy doesn’t make him balanced or correct. Not saying he’s wrong, I’m just saying. And since we’re citing YouTube as our source of expertise here is an equally interesting video featuring Mike Pannone of CTT solutions who has some equally impressive bona fides.

I've been a Ken Hackathorn fan for many, many years. In this video I too think he was more than a little biased. Sorry Ken.

Back