testtest

Questions on Hellcat

From another thread on here asking the same question:

Apparently this company sells Hellcat slides with the slide already milled for optic plates (as posted in thread above):

So options are:
1) have gunsmith mill your existing slide for either optic plates or specific optic for direct slide mounting
2) buy Hellcat optic ready slide from a company like mentioned above
3) trade your existing non OSP Hellcat firearm and the buy new (or used) OSP Hellcat

Check which option works for you concerning factors such as cost, travel, how it looks, etc. Good luck. 👍

Have you thought about a Smith and Wesson Shield Plus. It also come with a cut slide to accept an optical. I have had all the "micro" pistols and pound for pound the Shield has never let me down.
I have a Shield Plus too, but I wouldn't put it in the micro pistol class the same as the Hellcat, P365, and Kahr PM9. The Shield isn't really all that small or a pocket sized gun. Other than that, it's a great option.

1686235619266.png

Not a lot of access to handle a hellcat, guess that means the next time I am in Boise it will include a visit to a gun shop. Is there a version of the Hellcat that comes with a manual safety, a compensator and a red dot? And how is the red dot that is shipped with the hellcat? I didn’t like the battery life or how to change the battery on the sig and replaced the red dot.
I also have several versions of both the Sig and the Hellcat... couple things, first in my opinion, the Sig shoots smoother with the Hellcat being just a bit more poppy (gassy), Sig has a better trigger. On the other hand the grip on the Hellcat Pro fits my hand better, which is not what most folks here seem to think. You deff gotta feel the gun I think. I would buy an aftermarket extractor for the Hellcat, I didnt wait to see a failure I was going for failure free... For optics I have the SMSc which I really like, battery is 2ish years if you store it with the cover on as it is light sensitive. Yes you can now buy a model with an external safety I believe.

I also have several versions of both the Sig and the Hellcat... couple things, first in my opinion, the Sig shoots smoother with the Hellcat being just a bit more poppy (gassy), Sig has a better trigger. On the other hand the grip on the Hellcat Pro fits my hand better, which is not what most folks here seem to think. You deff gotta feel the gun I think. I would buy an aftermarket extractor for the Hellcat, I didnt wait to see a failure I was going for failure free... For optics I have the SMSc which I really like, battery is 2ish years if you store it with the cover on as it is light sensitive. Yes you can now buy a model with an external safety I believe.
I got the Hellcat, also the Sig365, the Sig has a better trigger to me, I also have the XDs mod2, it’s a bit bigger and heavier and this helps with the recoil small guns have. I recently got the Ruger Max-9 Pro, this is now my CCW gun, fits my hand better, manages recoil somewhat better, so my Springfield’s and Sig are semi-retired for now. Plus my HEX WASP fits the Ruger if I want to use a dot

I got the Hellcat, also the Sig365, the Sig has a better trigger to me, I also have the XDs mod2, it’s a bit bigger and heavier and this helps with the recoil small guns have. I recently got the Ruger Max-9 Pro, this is now my CCW gun, fits my hand better, manages recoil somewhat better, so my Springfield’s and Sig are semi-retired for now. Plus my HEX WASP fits the Ruger if I want to use a dot
I think I may get that Max-9 Pro next, looks great

Agree! These days for the price, just sell or trade for an OSP or buy the Pro with the included Optics. The price of having slides milled is not worth the costs rel to just trading or buying drilled models of any gun nowdays.
I priced out what it would cost to have the slide milled and the price scared me off.
Forgot to add about the new Hellcat also came with a Shield Red Dot & 2 extra magazines.

I evaluated both and went with the Hellcat. I like having a trigger safety. Sig doesn't exactly have an unblemished record when it comes to being drop safe.

https://www.defensedaily.com/civilian-version-armys-new-handgun-recalled-firing-dropped/army/
eye-roll-ugh.gif

Were you planning on buying a 6 year-old P320? Little late on the gossip wagon with your "article" from 2017 there:

1695938869610.png

Since then, there has been a voluntary recall on the old design, and a redesign, plus a few anecdotal "my P320 ate my homework" negligent discharges that have been put to the sword in court when the plaintiff "experts" couldn't convince anybody (because that's what trial expert witnesses are, paid actors). Out of the probably 200,000+ P320 in circulation, a handful have tried to blame SIG and failed. That's nice gossip for internet cred at best, but absolutely not a serious consideration for not buying a particular gun. After all, there were Glock legs at some point too, no?

I carry one every day, have dropped it many times, not one pop (not even a corn pop), M17 & M18 have been dropped from BlackHawks from 100s of feet up and still no pop...

But, the Hellcat is a fine little gun, congrats on that acquisition. You couldn't go wrong with either one.

Last edited:
I evaluated both and went with the Hellcat. I like having a trigger safety. Sig doesn't exactly have an unblemished record when it comes to being drop safe.

https://www.defensedaily.com/civilian-version-armys-new-handgun-recalled-firing-dropped/army/
Well, that article was in 2017, nothing wrong with the 365, and all that about the P320 was just a few out of many thousands of users having the gun, I don’t believe in all that internet gabbing about a gun, Glock had issues at one time, yet they sell thousands of them a year as does Sig. Hellcat is a good choice, I got the OSP FDE, great little gun, but my 365 fits me better, anyway congrats on the new gun!

Back