testtest

Range Bags

Pete

Alpha
I haven't seen a general thread for range bags, so here is one. Jah_Happy started a thread asking for inputs on a small range bag and responses addressed large, small, rifle and pistol bags. Perhaps we need a thread for each? Here is a review of my (new) pistol bag. It is a GPS Handgunner backpack, available on Amazon ($110). I got mine at a local gun store for around $90. I had a generic bag which carried everything to the range but there were no handy pouches to separate guns/ammo/tools/range gear. This new bag has a pouch for all occasions and the pouches are labeled with the recommended contents. I has 12 separate magazine sub-pouches. It is really convenient and well thought out. One short-coming is the pistol rack. My 2 1911's fit well but the barrel length on my 2 revolver (4 3/4in) are a little too long. They will fit, but only by lifting them up in the rack and the cover has to squeezed in to zip it closed (see pictures 5&6). Both revolvers fit nicely in the bottom of the headphone pouch, so that is an option. The high density foam gun holder is removable and doubles as a storage rack in the safe. There are external elastic straps w/ velcro ends to store rolled up targets (Picture 1). The bag is constructed of Cordura nylon and has large nylon zippers. A strong carry handle and padded pack straps make carrying easy. You can pack a lot so you can make the bag pretty heavy going to the range...lighter coming back.

This bag should last me for years.

Attachments

• Range Bag 1.jpg
    Range Bag 1.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 261
  • rangebag 2.jpg
    rangebag 2.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 287
  • Rangebag 3.jpg
    Rangebag 3.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Rangebag 4.jpg
    Rangebag 4.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Rangebag 5.jpg
    Rangebag 5.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 331
  • Rangebag 6.jpg
    Rangebag 6.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 275
I haven't seen a general thread for range bags, so here is one. Jah_Happy started a thread asking for inputs on a small range bag and responses addressed large, small, rifle and pistol bags. Perhaps we need a thread for each? Here is a review of my (new) pistol bag. It is a GPS Handgunner backpack, available on Amazon ($110). I got mine at a local gun store for around $90. I had a generic bag which carried everything to the range but there were no handy pouches to separate guns/ammo/tools/range gear. This new bag has a pouch for all occasions and the pouches are labeled with the recommended contents. I has 12 separate magazine sub-pouches. It is really convenient and well thought out. One short-coming is the pistol rack. My 2 1911's fit well but the barrel length on my 2 revolver (4 3/4in) are a little too long. They will fit, but only by lifting them up in the rack and the cover has to squeezed in to zip it closed (see pictures 5&6). Both revolvers fit nicely in the bottom of the headphone pouch, so that is an option. The high density foam gun holder is removable and doubles as a storage rack in the safe. There are external elastic straps w/ velcro ends to store rolled up targets (Picture 1). The bag is constructed of Cordura nylon and has large nylon zippers. A strong carry handle and padded pack straps make carrying easy. You can pack a lot so you can make the bag pretty heavy going to the range...lighter coming back.

Nice bag CDR 👍

What I got for a range bag is an older one from S&W, I got it free along with S&W muffs and shooting glasses, it was a promotional going on back in the 1990’s when you bought a S&W 637 revolver, you got a coupon, sent it in and got it. Small one but it works and the price was right.

That bag looks awesome.

My range bag is from angelfire ammo. Got it on sale for $45 I think. Has served me well and seems to be holding up very well.

I have the same bag as SMSgtRod. Its wonderful, except I tend to always find a way to pack it to capacity rather than need. Having so much space leads me to saying things like "oh, that's where I left the Uzi Pro/spotting scope/random handgun" once I unpack at the range to start shooting.

I have the same bag as SMSgtRod. Its wonderful, except I tend to always find a way to pack it to capacity rather than need. Having so much space leads me to saying things like "oh, that's where I left the Uzi Pro/spotting scope/random handgun" once I unpack at the range to start shooting.
I pack better, this is just a demo of what a big range day is like.... Great roller bag.

IMG_2214.JPG

Posted else where here too....

The only one I have is what was a promo on buying a xdm10 before 12/31/18 that came with 3 extra mags. It is a good bag for 2 pistols, 6 mags, 2 smaller interior slots and 1 outside zipper pouch.
The one with the monogrammed SA logo on it? I have two of those that came with my pistols, and they're decent bags for their purpose. They take up much less room than the plastic ones, which makes it easier to store them, and to pack them (w/pistol, accessories) in a larger bag to the range.

I'll vouch for the G.P.S. product line, I've been using their Tactical Range Bag Backpack for a few years now, it's held up well and fits the bill for my needs at the range.

Gun Backpack.jpg

Mine is very similar but a Case Club I believe, my wife has one also and we are amazed at what we can carry in this bag including the ammo.

Back