testtest

Range Officer Elite Operator 10mm

Revolver?
Nope pistol......

1584983323187.jpeg

It came as a set, very expensive in the day, that’s why I passed, you got the wooden box like in picture, complete gun in .45win Mag, and a fitted .357 Mag barrel, one Mag for each caliber.

I'm going to have too try out a 1911 style 10mm and see if it works for me! The grip angle is what I have an issue with, because of my wrist! Maybe the power of 10 will overcome the lobbing of a 45acp in the 1911 platform?

I don’t see where the .45 has a “lobbing” problem; all bullets drop. At most ranges (out to about 50 yards) it’s a non-issue...and if you’re shooting at a range where it is, know your holdover.

My range has a steel silhouette on the 150 yard line...it isn’t that hard—with practice—to make consistent hits on it with any of my 1911’s.

I just had a bad go with an AMT Hardballer 6" barrel! That was my 1st 1911 style and was chambered in 45acp. It led me too believe that the 45acp was a junk cartridge. The G21 changed my mind, also the G41 after that. Both have been very accurate in my hands. Grip angle was the key! More comfortable shooting and less wrist issues.

I just had a bad go with an AMT Hardballer 6" barrel! That was my 1st 1911 style and was chambered in 45acp. It led me too believe that the 45acp was a junk cartridge. The G21 changed my mind, also the G41 after that. Both have been very accurate in my hands. Grip angle was the key! More comfortable shooting and less wrist issues.
More then likely it had galling problems, AMT had that issue, my AMT government model did, I finally got it correct by using Rig +P stainless steel lube, solved most of the issues.

I would be more in the line of a P220 legion 10mm too go with my 5.25" xdm 10mm! I like the higher capacity of the xdm and my g20 and 40 with my no restrictions state of Texas!
I like my SA 1911 over my Sig 220 Legion.
i’m a sig fan, but will stick with a 1911 platform for my 10mm purchase. Better pricing on the SA Elite over a Sig as well

As Annihilator mentioned, AMT’s were famous for galling issues...as well as not being a particularly well-made 1911 on top of it.

It's kind of like having problems with a S&W Sigma and saying all plastic pistols aren’t reliable.

If I get another 1911 frame, it will be this. But not before I get the XDM-10. I'm not sure if I want the 4.5 barrel or the 5.25.

Back