testtest

Re: Ban on hand gun Mags

ShawnF

Alpha
Hey Guys I didn't know if am posting this in the right area or not.

I have a XD M2 9mm, and I was told that I have to get new mage because I live in Illinois and there is a Law that stated in 2023 saying No one can have a mag over 10 rounds to it. I am wanting to know if this is true or not. if you guys can help me that be awesome.

Generally the mag ban laws do not ban possession of high capacity magazine just buying sales. So if you already own them your usually fine but you won’t be able to buy anything more then 10 rounds going forward. When it happened in my state I ended up buying
Mags for guns I knew I would want. Should of bought some staccato mags but dam those are expensive. Had I know the prodigy was coming I would of. However you should read your state law closely to ensure your in compliance since it might be different then other state mag bans.

Generally the mag ban laws do not ban possession of high capacity magazine just buying sales. So if you already own them your usually fine but you won’t be able to buy anything more then 10 rounds going forward. When it happened in my state I ended up buying
Mags for guns I knew I would want. Should of bought some staccato mags but dam those are expensive. Had I know the prodigy was coming I would of. However you should read your state law closely to ensure your in compliance since it might be different then other state mag bans.
Oh I think governor pricksker plans on making possession of them illegal.

Oh I think governor pricksker plans on making possession of them illegal.
That seems like a good way just to make a bunch of current law-abiding citizens into criminals for no real reason. Aren’t they trying not to put more people in jail. Hell in my state they seem to let violent offenders out on no cash bail the next day. I wonder what the stats are on who actually shows up to court to be put in jail later.

That seems like a good way just to make a bunch of current law-abiding citizens into criminals for no real reason. Aren’t they trying not to put more people in jail. Hell in my state they seem to let violent offenders out on no cash bail the next day. I wonder what the stats are on who actually shows up to court to be put in jail later.
That's their M.O. brother. I don't think it will stand, but these anti-gun people are like rabid dogs.

I assume possession will be part of the proposed then edited (hopefully), I know my state as some new gun laws coming. They try and pass the same ones every year. I think if your attempt fails you shouldn’t be allowed to propose the same damn thing for at least 5 years. Make some of these folks think a little harder on the laws they propose.

I assume possession will be part of the proposed then edited (hopefully), I know my state as some new gun laws coming. They try and pass the same ones every year. I think if your attempt fails you shouldn’t be allowed to propose the same damn thing for at least 5 years. Make some of these folks think a little harder on the laws they propose.
The SCOTUS needs to just put all this BS to rest.

I heard on Chicago radio on Friday that the written law has been changed to 12-round capacity mags...and that they are going to ban the sale of "assault rifles", but any currently owned will be grandfathered. Don't take my word for it...this is the internet... I heard it on AM560, FYI.

I have a XD M2 9mm, and I was told that I have to get new mage because I live in Illinois and there is a Law that stated in 2023 saying No one can have a mag over 10 rounds to it. I am wanting to know if this is true or not. if you guys can help me that be awesome.
If you look up your state legislative page, it has all your info .

Dont take the word of out of state folks. Check your own state regs

I heard on Chicago radio on Friday that the written law has been changed to 12-round capacity mags...and that they are going to ban the sale of "assault rifles", but any currently owned will be grandfathered. Don't take my word for it...this is the internet... I heard it on AM560, FYI.
The last amendment I read was AR's will now become illegal to buy, but if you already have one it must be registered with the state police within 300 days.
All magazine capacity for any firearm can be no more than 10 round anything larger must be turned in to the police.
The real truth will be known tomorrow when the Senate will take their final vote and don't forget to write to Dupage county turncoat Rep. Durkin for voting for this bill.
I already got ahead of the curve, Springfield has 10 round mags for their MOD-2 9mm in stock.

In New York they banned high capacity magazines. No one except LEO’s was grandfathered in. Retired Law Enforcement was allowed to keep their service gun mags. All the anti-Gun states are learning from each other.

i was watching a youtube video's yesterday, Liberty Doll and Colion Noir, they said 12 round mags are the new limit.

Law suits are waiting to be filed on this cluster f#@$ of a law. So as soon as it is signed by Pigster , the suits will be filed.

As far as the MSRs being kept , they want you to register them and pay a fee to keep them. Also anyone who does register them will have an endorsement on their FOID card to show they are legal to have it. :mad:

Capacity of magazines was raised to 12 as a concession .... anything over 12 rounds would be unlawful and no grandfathering in.

Yeah the problem with lawsuits is how long it takes to get through the process, just look at the California magazine ban. I wish the Supreme Court would of took that on already, but they remanded it back to the lower court after New York conceal carry ruling based on view of that decision. Not sure where it’s at now, likely waiting the lower courts next ruling then back to supreme court. Not to mention states can do what New York tried to do. Which is basically pass a new lay with different language that accomplishes the same goal. Which makes it a new law and the lawsuits start all over again.

I am sure a stay would be asked for. If a person owned a magazine over the 10 or 12 round limit and was silly enough to carry them outside of their home , then IMHO , they would deserve to pay the price.

That seems like a good way just to make a bunch of current law-abiding citizens into criminals for no real reason.
The antis are learning. Several states, most notably New Jersey, have recently passed laws banning magazines over a certain capacity without grandfathering existing magazines. They also make the transfer of such magazines illegal. You can't give them to your children you can't sell them you can't give them to your wife. When you die they have to be turned in.

None of these laws have been challengee in the Supreme Court yet and until they are and there's a ruling the laws stand.

Back