testtest

Re: Ban on hand gun Mags

During the negotiation prior to IL House vote, they amended the 10 rnd mag cap Ban and increased it to 12 and kept FOID at 18. Big deal. But makes you wonder why. Which is the most prominent and magazine capacity for the EDC and who lobbied who to get this 2 round increase?

As this sort of stupidity continues or allowed to continue nationwide, I believe popular Manufacturers all offer 10 rounders (CA Compliant) options for modern era models that originally came with 10+ as standard and of course the aftermarket sector will design and offer an array magazine “limiters” to adapt the mag tube rather than spend $$ on new compliant mags.

The issue of older, obsolete firearm mags comes to mind - if this is the only handgun you own, will a ban become an Infringement ?

Keep in mind of the local jurisdiction. Some counties already said they will not enforce these laws.
And if you don’t know, there is no exact charge of “high cap magazine”…its called Unlawful Use of Firearm. Anyone (employer/school seeing that on your record will not only flag you but condemn your character. That’s all part of the anti-gun design.
Also, the use of a magazine “limiter” may or may not satisfy zealous prosecutors because magazine tubes are marked otherwise.…so again, it’s dependent on your locale.

The IL Ban wants you to register your Ban items in order to have them grandfathered in
and Pol says “we’re not confiscating guns”. Yeah right, Be advised - Grandfathering is not forever, it’s not next-of-kin transferable and therefore by statute must be turned in or removed from the State.

Threats of long term imprisonment - and that’s for mere possession of an otherwise lawfully carried pistol (not actually firing it for any reason) but expectation of big legal bills and hefty fines are more likely to be demanded from the law abiding and maybe if lucky a stern warning with some quick plea deal.

Buy one 10 (or 12) round mag for EDC might be ok and reasonable for some, but this gimmick of mag limits is not revealing the entire picture.

Your elected officials took an oath to protect the US Constitution and that includes both 2nd and 4th Amendment and no State law can supersede. Try finding an attorney to argue this for an individual citizen and and then a judge willing to hear your case. It can happen, but the elected all know it’s not feasible and they’re prepared for a long, long, long litigation process.
Who care afford this…for the sake of a couple less cartridges in a pistol magazine?

It’s too bad for the rest of IL to have to pay for the malpractice and bastardization of criminal law, bond and sentencing that goes on in the City of Chicago Cook County.

During the negotiation prior to IL House vote, they amended the 10 rnd mag cap Ban and increased it to 12 and kept FOID at 18. Big deal. But makes you wonder why. Which is the most prominent and magazine capacity for the EDC and who lobbied who to get this 2 round increase?

As this sort of stupidity continues or allowed to continue nationwide, I believe popular Manufacturers all offer 10 rounders (CA Compliant) options for modern era models that originally came with 10+ as standard and of course the aftermarket sector will design and offer an array magazine “limiters” to adapt the mag tube rather than spend $$ on new compliant mags.

The issue of older, obsolete firearm mags comes to mind - if this is the only handgun you own, will a ban become an Infringement ?

Keep in mind of the local jurisdiction. Some counties already said they will not enforce these laws.
And if you don’t know, there is no exact charge of “high cap magazine”…its called Unlawful Use of Firearm. Anyone (employer/school seeing that on your record will not only flag you but condemn your character. That’s all part of the anti-gun design.
Also, the use of a magazine “limiter” may or may not satisfy zealous prosecutors because magazine tubes are marked otherwise.…so again, it’s dependent on your locale.

The IL Ban wants you to register your Ban items in order to have them grandfathered in
and Pol says “we’re not confiscating guns”. Yeah right, Be advised - Grandfathering is not forever, it’s not next-of-kin transferable and therefore by statute must be turned in or removed from the State.

Threats of long term imprisonment - and that’s for mere possession of an otherwise lawfully carried pistol (not actually firing it for any reason) but expectation of big legal bills and hefty fines are more likely to be demanded from the law abiding and maybe if lucky a stern warning with some quick plea deal.

Buy one 10 (or 12) round mag for EDC might be ok and reasonable for some, but this gimmick of mag limits is not revealing the entire picture.

Your elected officials took an oath to protect the US Constitution and that includes both 2nd and 4th Amendment and no State law can supersede. Try finding an attorney to argue this for an individual citizen and and then a judge willing to hear your case. It can happen, but the elected all know it’s not feasible and they’re prepared for a long, long, long litigation process.
Who care afford this…for the sake of a couple less cartridges in a pistol magazine?

It’s too bad for the rest of IL to have to pay for the malpractice and bastardization of criminal law, bond and sentencing that goes on in the City of Chicago Cook County.
The fact that they changed 10 to 12 just shows that magazine capacity is completely irrelevant as far as crime is concerned. It should tick off every person alive.

Hopefully it ticks off the dead too, that way these miscreants-D in Illinois will get voted out of office.🤷‍♂️

Illinois is were dead people go to vote. Our voter registration rolls are not automatically purged, it’s a voluntary system, if you move or die, it’s up to you to notify the election board.
So old names and even demolished building addresses are still listed as either inactive or active. I believe the Nov 22 election was able call the race for JB within nine (9) mins after polls closed.
They know where the votes are.
We don’t build factories or work places here - we build apartment buildings.

Illinois Assault weapons ban passed & headed to gov desk. Bans rifle mags over 10 rnds & handgun mags over 15 rnds. 1 year to register
Allow me to go on record predicting that this will not stand if/when a case under this law goes before SCOTUS. If my prediction is correct the "assault weapons" ban dream of progressives will be smashed to smithereens. The Illionois legislature and the Governor may not realize it yet, but they've just opened the door to an expansion of 2A Rights protections in case law. An overturning of Mag limits is questionable but possible with the current SCOTUS textualist dominated incarnation.

Let us pray for the good health and longevity of Thomas, Alito, Gorsich, Kavanaugh and Comey-Barret. 🙏

"Shall not be infringed"

Allow me to go on record predicting that this will not stand if/when a case under this law goes before SCOTUS. If my prediction is correct the "assault weapons" ban dream of progressives will be smashed to smithereens. The Illionois legislature and the Governor may not realize it yet, but they've just opened the door to an expansion of 2A Rights protections in case law. An overturning of Mag limits is questionable but possible with the current SCOTUS textualist dominated incarnation.

Let us pray for the good health and longevity of Thomas, Alito, Gorsich, Kavanaugh and Comey-Barret. 🙏

"Shall not be infringed"
Let's hope so, but in the meantime can the manufacturers "wait" for the overturn?

I worry less about SA than I do about Zastava and Kreb's...the smaller companies.

Let's hope so, but in the meantime can the manufacturers "wait" for the overturn?

I worry less about SA than I do about Zastava and Kreb's...the smaller companies.
let us hope the courts expeditiously grant injunctive relief for the sake of those companies.

This is one of 30 letters from Illinois Sheriffs received as of 5PM, Wednesday January 11. More are expected before the end of the week.

If the courts don't act quickly, this law could tear Illinois apart.

Attachments

• 324923910_917924812533014_8093657179115956894_n.jpg
    324923910_917924812533014_8093657179115956894_n.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 95
Chance, isn't the key on that map reversed? You trying to tell us that the city of Chicago did NOT want the gun/magazine ban?

Or is the "Resolution" a previously undefined (in this thread) resistance to the new law?

Chance, isn't the key on that map reversed? You trying to tell us that the city of Chicago did NOT want the gun/magazine ban?

Or is the "Resolution" a previously undefined (in this thread) resistance to the new law?
The resolutions, passed by county boards, were to ignore anti gun laws and in many cases advocated for active obstruction of any gun control laws.

Sorry, I should have made it clearer.

The resolutions, passed by county boards, were to ignore anti gun laws and in many cases advocated for active obstruction of any gun control laws.

Sorry, I should have made it clearer.
I love it!
My county, McLean co. Is chicken fecal matter! We've went to the board 10 Republican and 10 Democrats the Republicans refused because they do not want to "inflame" the Democratic side. They are so spineless! We asked the Republicans if they thought that even one of the Democrats would be a firearms owner that is all it would take, yet they do not even want to talk and find out.... worthless! We reminded them they took an oath to uphold the constitution of the United States. If they couldn't do that then they need to resign and allow those who will take their place.

Back