testtest

Re: Shield 45

WellArmed

Master Class
This is a continuation of the the friendly discussion about the Shield 45 so that I didn't detail @nmedge thread any further.
‐---------

When S&W came out with the M&P 1.0 and M&P Shield 2.0, the SKU changed between the models. All different generations and trims of S&W pistols and revolvers (even if it's just a grip or sights difference) all have dedicated SKU's....

Again, each S&W Shield model with different options, e.g., night sights vs no night sights, MA compliant, thumb safety vs no thumb safety, Performance Center vs standard, laser, etc all have different SKU numbers.

Here is the orginal S&W media announcement for the Shield 45 on Twitter back in 2016:

This is the picture shown in that Twitter post with the SKUs of 180022 for the Thumb safety model and 11531 for the No Thumb Safety model.
Resizer_16866581801291.jpeg

If you go to the current S&W Shield 45 2.0 page, you'll see that the SKU never changed and are the same between the Shield 45 without the "2.0" on the slide and the ones with it on the slide. The SKU on both are 11531. That is, the the no safety 45 Shield released I'm 2016 has the exact same SKU and model number as the the 45 Shields that are selling today with the 2.0 on the slide.
Resizer_16866584440781.jpeg

You just don't get it, 45 Shields came out in 2016, PC version around 2017, the 2.0 officially came out about 2019, so the earlier models can't be considered 2.0, and I am not saying that adding the 2.0 to the slide makes a difference, my point is the earlier 45 shields shouldn't be referred to as 2.0 guns when the 2.0 guns didn't come out till 2019
The 45 Shield didn't have the 2.0 envgraved in the slide at first only for marketing reasons only. S&W wanted to bring the 45 shield to market BEFORE they said anything about there being a 2.0 9mm/40s&w. They were still selling and giving out a $100 rebate on the 1.0 9mm/40s&w Shields when the 45 Shield was released. Because S&W didnt want to pre-emt the 2.0 marketing campaign and hurt the the sells of the thousands of 1.0s they need to sell off first, the omitted the 2.0 text on the 45 Shield 2.0. The 2.0 Shield in 9mm/40s&w were released less than a year later in 2017.

It was stated that the there was an "official release" of a 45 Shield 2.0 in 2019. That's not true. Here's a thread on the S&W forum dated April 14th 2018! That is, the 45 Shield with the 2.0 on the slide were already released, shipped to vendors, and in the hands of customers starting late 2017 going into 2018!!! Multiple older post on the S&W forum show that that members had and were discussing the 45 Shield 2.0 and asking what the difference was being of the year 2018. Again, S&W finally added to "2.0" markings to the 45 Shield slide after they put the 9mm/40s&w Shields on the market, and they were no longer an upcoming secret. All this happened soon after the 9mm 2.0 Shields were in stores.

S&W forum member Redcoat3340 posted the following pictures of his 45 Shield with Thumb Safety back in April 2018 when he was inquiring about the if what he had was a 45 Shield 2.0. He also posted a picture of the box it came in. Take notice of the SKU of 180022!
0412182114.jpg

0412182127a.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the current S&W 45 Shield with Thumb Safety that I just took via S&W's website. Look at the SKU # 180022.... S&W even still uses a stock photo of the slide without the "2.0" on it...
Resizer_16866596013691.jpeg

Now let's go back to S&W's 2016 first media release about the 45 Shield on Twitter, and look at the SKU for the 45 Shield with Thumb Safety... SKU 180022 yet again!
Resizer_16866581801291.jpeg

Resizer_16866621251981.jpeg

marlin3030hntr from S&W Forum said:
I’ve seen threads similar to this but my exact quandary is the rep iterated and sku on the box 11531 point to this being a new 2.0. I know the 45 was the first Shield with the more aggressive stippling better trigger over the 1.0 9mm and 40’s... But the born on date on the box is August of 2016 so I’m assuming they are just deemed 2.0’s as they are the same gun as the original? The S&W rep even told me it was the 2.0 and for the price I got it for I have no complaints just curious if anyone else has had a run in of this type.
Again the above post is in 2018, and not 2019 like was claimed when the 2.0 was "Newly Released." The SKU he mentioned was on his box of 11531 is the same exact SKU listed for the 45 Shield without the Thumb Safety that has the "2.0" on the slide.

Resizer_16866584440781.jpeg

I get that…but having to start a whole new thread just to prove you’re right, with post after post..

We get it, already.
I started another thread instead of responding in the orginal so not to derail the first. Yes, after simply supplying information that I knew for a fact was correct to clear up and then having member become snarky, a smart ..., and peeved off in his replies to me initially trying to settle the confusion, I started a detailed thread so "he could get it." If not for the attitude, I would have let it go.

Last edited:
I started another thread instead of responding in the orginal so not to derail the first. Yes, after simply supplying information that I knew for a fact was correct to clear up and then having member become snarky, a smart ..., and peeved off in his replies to me initially trying to settle the confusion, started a detailed thread so "he could get it." If not for the attitude, I would have let it go.

Well…isn’t that special.

Feel better now, then?

I started another thread instead of responding in the orginal so not to derail the first. Yes, after simply supplying information that I knew for a fact was correct to clear up and then having member become snarky, a smart ..., and peeved off in his replies to me initially trying to settle the confusion, I started a detailed thread so "he could get it." If not for the attitude, I would have let it go.
So, my replies were snarky, smart and peeved…….I also wasn’t confused, that’s why I quit replying so it wouldn’t go to far and get out of hand, so this will be my only reply here, you had a lot of information, but I will still disagree. Take care!

Back