testtest

Reality, you, and have you made your peace.

Sld1959

Hellcat
A few survival, end of the world thread made me ponder my own situation in life.

.Am under few illusions about my ability to survive most end of world scenarios. At 64, with few friends left alive, few close neighbors or family and with a semi invalid wife, this is basically my Alamo.

If hordes attack or under constant barrage by bad guys, well I gotta sleep sometime eventually I will be got.

Under such circumstances, best I can expect is to die with a knife in my teeth taking as many of them as I can. Make them regret thier choices best I can.

I have given weapons, ammunition, and training to the next generation of family as best I could. Under an end of world scenario where travel is hard, I can only pray they will do well. I gave them the best shot I could. I will die ok with myself and my world, I have made my peace

I doubt I'll go out in a blaze of glory, fighting off the chinese/russian/overreaching gub'mint/zombie hordes (take your pick). I have thought about the end having been there while my mom died (peacefully) and watched my dad gracefully leave this world with the care of hospice. In both cases they were surrounded by their children and were not alone.

We do not have kids, which makes me wonder who will be with me or my wife when we die? One of us will die alone. I can only pray that it is me and not my wife who has to face death alone. But this is a double edged sword since I will be witness to her final breath then face my remaining days on my own. Ten years ago I never thought about these things.

th-2784517790.jpg

Made my peace with God a long time ago. We may have riots if food gets short, etc., but personally I think any SHTF scenario will be localized. Could be bad in some places, so I guess for people living in those places the SHTF will be very real. We live in one of those places, but like Sid, we are pretty much stuck here.

I'm going to die (or be raptured), it's inevitable. So I've made my peace with God.

The only real worry that I have is that if my wife and I go in the rapture who's going to look after my cat.

I'm going to tell the story and I don't care who thinks I'm crazy or who believes me.

We used to have four dogs. All four are gone now but one day I was out walking my dogs and I remember praying and asking God if anything happens to me please look after my dogs.

This is the part that I don't care if you believe or not as soon as I said that I heard a voice in my head as clear as a bell and the voice said

"They're not your dogs, They're My dogs."

I haven't really worried about it since

we live in a county were cattle out number people by a LONG SHOT
so when the dooo dooo hits the fan we will go wrangle some fresh beefs and eat good while the rest go crazy
it will give us time to pick and choose who comes down our street :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:
My neighbor has a very large cattle ranch, at least it's very large for N.E. Georgia.
All of us that border his thousands of acres will eat very well when/if the SHTF.

As for my survivability, I won't actively seek a confrontation but I also won't hesitate to defend myself and others, and I will help my neighbors do the same.

I'm going to die (or be raptured), it's inevitable. So I've made my peace with God.

The only real worry that I have is that if my wife and I go in the rapture who's going to look after my cat.

I'm going to tell the story and I don't care who thinks I'm crazy or who believes me.

We used to have four dogs. All four are gone now but one day I was out walking my dogs and I remember praying and asking God if anything happens to me please look after my dogs.

This is the part that I don't care if you believe or not as soon as I said that I heard a voice in my head as clear as a bell and the voice said

"They're not your dogs, They're My dogs."

I haven't really worried about it since
That was the cat speaking 😏🙃

Back