testtest

Reality, you, and have you made your peace.

I do still have all the parts crazy I didn’t know how much they were worth now I really mad that I did that yes I still have that original tail piece . Yes the pickups were changed no whammy bar or I would of still had it in the box
Are you still in the bay area ? It's worth restoring but you need to have it done by someone that knows what they're doing. And I can help you find someone. It's still worth quite a bit in it's current condition.

Are you still in the bay area ? It's worth restoring but you need to have it done by someone that knows what they're doing. And I can help you find someone. It's still worth quite a bit in it's current condition.
I am in the Bay Area any help would be appreciated

I am in the Bay Area any help would be appreciated
I’ll talk to some friends of mine and get you a guy. I can’t guarantee it won’t be the LA area though. Shipping a guitar is risky business and if it were me I would make the drive. My friends may know someone in San Fran though. I’ll let you know what I find.

A few survival, end of the world thread made me ponder my own situation in life.

.Am under few illusions about my ability to survive most end of world scenarios. At 64, with few friends left alive, few close neighbors or family and with a semi invalid wife, this is basically my Alamo.

If hordes attack or under constant barrage by bad guys, well I gotta sleep sometime eventually I will be got.

Under such circumstances, best I can expect is to die with a knife in my teeth taking as many of them as I can. Make them regret thier choices best I can.

I have given weapons, ammunition, and training to the next generation of family as best I could. Under an end of world scenario where travel is hard, I can only pray they will do well. I gave them the best shot I could. I will die ok with myself and my world, I have made my peace

If it is that bad, were everone is out to kill everyone else, we may be taken over by inavsion or nuked.

If it is that bad, were everone is out to kill everyone else, we may be taken over by inavsion or nuked.
Your point being? I never said what may happen, how or why. I simply said have you truly looked at you, and your situation during times of emergency. It could be anything, hell it could be a pandemic longer and worse than any we have faced, a power outage worse, longer, farther reaching than the great eastern blackout of 2003, whatever. These things have happened, thry are not theoretical, they can happen again. Even a large tornado can make it a local emergency that can be catastrophic , for a given area. And you only need look as far as Katrina in the past to see how your neighbors can react during times of emergency. It can be pretty ugly.

I have, I realize that with my age, my wife's infirmities, and everything in our lives there is no bugging out, no safe haven that so many think they will make. This is it our Alamo, this is where we will likely live out our years no matter what.

And I am good with that, no matter what comes we will face it here together, here in this place we have built. Our family are on thier own basically, they live to far for me to be thier protector any longer, I can only hope I taught them well and helped point them towards whatever they will face.

Last edited:
We must insure our kids and grandkids know how to use firearms
Agreed, I taught my daughter, and her hudband to shoot, and when my best friend died early he made me promise to watch his boys which I have endeavored to do. Taught them to hunt, fish, and shoot along with my daughters husband who never hunted before.

In the last few years I put together lock cases with a rifle, pistol, magazines knive and ammunition for each of them. I have hopefully done what I could do to help them prepare for whatever. They live close to two hours away, I'm thry are on thier own for all intents. I did break quarantine to take them stuff they needed. Which btw helped them realize the need for a well Stocked pantry which they have started using.

Pickups is easy. If you can solder you can install pickups and wiring harnesses.
Yes sir. I can solder. I graduated from Texas State Technical College back in 1984 and soldering computer stuff was one of the classes...:) I haven't done any soldering in a few years but I think I'll be able to pick it back up pretty quickly. I enjoy different kinds of mechanical work, especially when it's my own gear and no one else's...:)

I'm hoping to find out about a house I'm interested in buying. It has a small area for a workshop. I'm excited about having a place to set up a workshop with some nice tools...:)

Back