testtest

really nice range day this afternoon

here is a question
my new muzzle brake is expected friday afternoon
i went to my rifle to get it ready, you know , remove the current muzzle brake flash suppressor. i was getting ready to get my soft vice out and brass wrench, when my brain said try it free hand first. so i held barrel in one hand and grabbed the brake in the other and twisted, BOOM it was loose enough to unscrew by hand.
it sort of made me look twice

now i need to get with stag arms and see what the correct torque should be on the new one?
Most muzzle devices like a brake or flash hider will have about same specs for torque which is 20-30 ft lbs

here is a question
i went to my rifle to get it ready, you know , remove the current muzzle brake flash suppressor. i was getting ready to get my soft vice out and brass wrench, when my brain said try it free hand first. so i held barrel in one hand and grabbed the brake in the other and twisted, BOOM it was loose enough to unscrew by hand.

now i need to get with stag arms and see what the correct torque should be on the new one?
Another trick on getting off a muzzle device where the wrench or armorers tool wont quite fit between the devices and handguard, etc is to wrap a screwdriver in many layers of black elec tape to form a soft cushion.
Slip the screwdriver thru the device slots and turn to remove

here is a question

By hand? You must be related to the Hulk 🤣 I usually sit on the rifle and use a torque wrench (or armorer's wrench) to do and undo these things, the proper torque should be in the doc that came with the muzzle device, no?

By hand? You must be related to the Hulk 🤣 I usually sit on the rifle and use a torque wrench (or armorer's wrench) to do and undo these things, the proper torque should be in the doc that came with the muzzle device, no?
i sure it will be with it
i was getting a jump on things

took off hand guard, forgot how light it is.
cleaned all the little of oil that got under it, oiled and cleaned threads
wiped off barrel
tq on barrel bolt was good.
waiting on UPS now 😍

i sure it will be with it
i was getting a jump on things

took off hand guard, forgot how light it is.
cleaned all the little of oil that got under it, oiled and cleaned threads
wiped off barrel
tq on barrel bolt was good.
waiting on UPS now 😍
1698361796929.gif

Should you not be putting a reaction rod into it to keep the receiver from torquing ?

surprise the mail and UPS actually delivered ON TIME
new muzzle brake and new limb saver stock support. i had to use both crush washer to get the tq and have the muzzle brake level with the rail . i tried every combo i could, bevel against bevel, bevel against flat, one washer then the other washer then no washer , then thin one then thick, finally got it with bevels against flats and tq to 21 ft lbs to square
now for night time so i can re zero the scope at 100 yards across my yard to the neighbors BIG white storage building
my red laser shows up very nice on it.

Attachments

• october upgrades (1).jpg
    october upgrades (1).jpg
    734 KB · Views: 37
  • october upgrades (2).jpg
    october upgrades (2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • october upgrades (3).jpg
    october upgrades (3).jpg
    711.7 KB · Views: 37
  • october upgrades (4).jpg
    october upgrades (4).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
surprise the mail and UPS actually delivered ON TIME
new muzzle brake and new limb saver stock support. i had to use both crush washer to get the tq and have the muzzle brake level with the rail . i tried every combo i could, bevel against bevel, bevel against flat, one washer then the other washer then no washer , then thin one then thick, finally got it with bevels against flats and tq to 21 ft lbs to square
now for night time so i can re zero the scope at 100 yards across my yard to the neighbors BIG white storage building
my red laser shows up very nice on it.
Very nice 👍👍

made a quick trip with 10 rounds this morning while doing my chores list
arrived at range , two other guys were there dropping insane of amounts of 223 at targets about 50 feet out.
i said HEY and swept off my perch and put my stuff out with my blanket, lined up shots, messed with focus on scope and turned it up full bright
loaded the magazine and slowly squeezed off a round, WOW, recoil was less than i was expecting and barrel didnt jump like before
so off went 9 other rounds with a few seconds in between.
was so nice, i wish i had brought more rounds, but i had errands to do. then i policed my brass, loaded up my gear and one of the guys, who i had never met walked up and said HEY, and introduced himself, hi back then the other guy introduced himself as ARRON NATION, yup Arron Nation, i cracked up and said well you aren't a shaved head and covered in hate tatoos.
apparently they teach at the high school and were on lunch
:love:

Back