testtest

Rear sight

I'm confused.... it's my understanding that the gas block on both the Saint (configured as-such) and the M&P Sport II is still used in the case of both of these carbines to anchor the front handguard cap. The cap captures the handguard on the front end, while the delta ring captures the rear.

Or maybe I am just confused of exactly which variant of the guns we're talking about, here?

Would you mind kindly posting a picture?
That is called a delta ring. The handguard has 2 halves that has a spring that keeps tension on both. There is a spring behind the upper receiver that applies pressure on the front and rear ring.

^ That's exactly what I wrote (and what you'd quoted me as writing, @TEXASforLIFE - I wrote in my post those very words: "delta ring").

@Jfal 's post previous to mine -the one that I asked him to clarify- notes that the front gas block is "unattached to the hand guard," which, due to the interface of the front hand guard cap that's necessary to secure the hand guard to the front of the gun, makes for an inaccurate description.

Sorry TSI. I meant to say only that the normal Saint (and Sport2) use the gas block for the front pic rail for attaching a front sight (or they have the gas block/front sight post as one unit). I erred in adding the next sentence in that they are unattached to the hand guard. I frankly don't know about the Saint as I don't have one, but the pictures of the standard Saint on SA website show that gas block is used for attaching the front sight, if a flip-style BUIS is used...

Problem is, Springfield changes configurations on the fly due to what parts they have on hand, it seems.

But, it looks like this is what we have:
8DA431C5-0D9D-467A-A4DC-F6D7F4158CA3.png

And a closeup of the flip up gas block:
E9FEF587-54A3-45FC-A32B-01267793C0CD.jpeg

So, I’m gonna go with the entire barrel being canted.

It should be returned to the mothership.

Problem is, Springfield changes configurations on the fly due to what parts they have on hand, it seems.

^ Exactly why I really wanted first-hand confirmation from @mwilliams . :giggle:

But, it looks like this is what we have:

And a closeup of the flip up gas block:
So, I’m gonna go with the entire barrel being canted.

It should be returned to the mothership.

If it's a true mechanical issue that's related to the gun, I agree. There's other possibilities in that manner, too, but that's typically most likely. This is the reason why I really wanted that "down the axis" view, even moreso my last request, of taking the handguard off. ;)

I'm still thinking that it's most likely a cheekweld/eye-alignment issue.

The reason is that with that much correction dialed-in, we should be able to easily see the clocking/cant of the gas-block and the mounted sight with the pictures that @mwilliams has already taken.....but so far, I'm really not seeing that.

^ Exactly why I really wanted first-hand confirmation from @mwilliams . :giggle:

If it's a true mechanical issue that's related to the gun, I agree. There's other possibilities in that manner, too, but that's typically most likely. This is the reason why I really wanted that "down the axis" view, even moreso my last request, of taking the handguard off. ;)

I'm still thinking that it's most likely a cheekweld/eye-alignment issue.

The reason is that with that much correction dialed-in, we should be able to easily see the clocking/cant of the gas-block and the mounted sight with the pictures that @mwilliams has already taken.....but so far, I'm really not seeing that.
Fair enough; to me, it looks like the top “spine” of the handguard is off center from the rail on the upper receiver in the first photo.

It could be just camera angle, though.

^ So.....here's the thing.....

With that handguard setup, we can't *_really_* make that assumption.

I have something similar, a midlength Magpul SL setup on a gun with a FSB, and while I luckily didn't run in to any kind of slight misalignment (as with most folks), but some folks have ----->

But I totally understand where you're coming from, though, because this can also happen ----->

:)

My suggestion is to shoot it off a bench rest and have someone else shoot it and see if the problem is really the gun. If it is, return it. No way your rear sight should have to be all the way to one side or another.
That is what I’ll do have a buddy shot it and also check my check weld I
I have checked alignment of hand guards and the gas block also checked the attachment of the sights themselves also seem ok. I will repost after my next range visit.
Thanks to all for your help.

Back