testtest

Received my Hellcat FDE Today

markr6754

Elite
Founding Member
Mixed feelings today...
Happiness, received my Hellcat ahead of schedule...gotta love USPS Priority Shipping.

Sadness, paid $75 FFL transfer...totally wiping out all savings on purchase. Was expecting to buy a $100 gift card and get free transfer...but rules change in this crazy new environment.

Disappointment? Not sure yet, but my new FDE Hellcat looks an awful lot like OD Green. My wife’s first comment...”I thought it was supposed to be tan.”

Anyway, it’s here, it feels incredible in my hand. My wife likes the feel and the grip, she was surprised at how small it is. No accounting for sound...but I was submarine sonarman, So it’s often about sound to me. Dry firing, the striker SOUNDS solid. Heavier sounding than any of my other striker-fired pistols, including the one giving me fits with actual Light primer strikes.

On appearance, the feed ramps are highly polished. Hard to capture with tablet camera, but I like the looks. Best to have them polished now than after returning from their first warranty claim. Hoping that this gun is flawless and problem free out of the box.

Attachments

• 4C8FC1A4-3DC9-4C2D-8841-F4A9BBFA5A46.jpeg
    4C8FC1A4-3DC9-4C2D-8841-F4A9BBFA5A46.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 1,659
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 364
I gotta say that’s really interesting. I thought it had to be a camera miscolor issue but your thumb and the surroundings are legit. Not doubting you or anything, it’s just so odd. You can’t get more OD than that. Honestly I would email Springfield and include the pics just to see what they say. Worst case scenario you could have a unique 1-off worth mega $ to collectors 😆.
Please post if you do contact them and let us know what comes of it. Springfield’s email is sales@springfield-armory.com.

I gotta say that’s really interesting. I thought it had to be a camera miscolor issue but your thumb and the surroundings are legit. Not doubting you or anything, it’s just so odd. You can’t get more OD than that. Honestly I would email Springfield and include the pics just to see what they say. Worst case scenario you could have a unique 1-off worth mega $ to collectors 😆.
Please post if you do contact them and let us know what comes of it. Springfield’s email is sales@springfield-armory.com.
Thanks for the suggestion. I sent off an inquiry to Springfield-Arsenal moments ago. If this turns out to be a pre-release of the OD Green pistol, I’ll offer to trade it for a FDE OSP model. Ji ji ji

Congrats on the new Hellcat. I got mine last Saturday . I was really happy with it . As for the color your 1st pic looks right the 2nd pic looks like OD Green . Crazy , but I think it was your Flash when you took the pic . If they had OD green I would of got that 1st hands down . I like the FDE but Green is my fav. Here's a couple of pics to compare yours to .

20200614_000430.jpg

20200614_000531.jpg

20200614_000748.jpg

Actually, I didn’t use a flash. Basically, I don’t have a unique pistol then, and neither of our Hellcats are FDE.

Back