testtest

Recommendation for EDC belt?

I am currently using a 1 1/2" Columbia (Model: MCO02A9) belt off the rack at one of the local clothing stores. It caught my eye because it looked like a quality piece and was 50% off. As I remember it was like $10.99. Have been using it exclusively for over a year and it works great and shows very little wear.

I have two belts - one is dressy and the other is casual.

The dressy belt is from Kore Essentials, and it costs $60:

The casual belt is from Thirty Dollar Gun Belt, and it costs $35:

Both are excellent, heavy-construction belts. A very nice feature of the Kore Essentials belt is that it micro-adjusts, like Bassbob mentioned. That means if you go to a big dinner and eat too much, you can easily make the belt just a tad bigger, and you don't have to unbuckle it to do so.
How is the 30 Dollar Gun Belt? A friend wants a gun belt, but doesn't want to shell out the big bucks for a brand name.

How is the 30 Dollar Gun Belt? A friend wants a gun belt, but doesn't want to shell out the big bucks for a brand name.
That's not a brand name? ;)

Excellent belt. It was $35 plus tax and shipping (total $43.28).

They actually do have a belt for $30 plus tax and shipping.

I can't tell any difference between the two, except that the $35 belt is "smooth finish full grain leather", and the $30 belt is "distressed CCW full grain leather". Other than that, the descriptions match exactly.

If your friend wants a dressy belt, this is not the one; this is more of a "blue jean" belt.

I'm with Bassbob; I would have gotten the steel core belt if I had known they had that prior to ordering. But I have no complaints about the one I got.

My only concern with the Kore (style) belts is, the screw-attachment for the buckle. I've had other regular belts with that sort of attachment, and the screws have pulled out their holes. Do the Kore units pull out like that? Anyone with one have any experiences to share, as far as longevity?
No problem with mine. It's not just held on by screws. It also has a beefy "claw" to hold it as well. 2 things to hold it together works great. Totally secure!

I use “Thirty dollar gun belts”, but I think this is more what you’re looking for. They’re real popular and I’ve heard a lot of good things about them.

Good looking belts 👍👍

I am currently using a 1 1/2" Columbia (Model: MCO02A9) belt off the rack at one of the local clothing stores. It caught my eye because it looked like a quality piece and was 50% off. As I remember it was like $10.99. Have been using it exclusively for over a year and it works great and shows very little wear.
Click Belt link
Belt

I've had expensive carry belts in the past, but I had to replace my most current one after dropping some weight. I bought one of the thick $20 Columbia belts off the rack at Academy Sports just to get by, but was so impressed that I went back and bought the same belt in black a few months later. I'm not against spending money on high-quality products, but the thicker Columbia belts are every bit as comfortable and fit just as secure as specialty belts that are significantly more expensive. Unless you're absolutely positive that you need a specifically designed gun belt, I'd recommend giving one of the thicker Columbia belts a try.

Browning sells a good heavy belt that works good for carry. Were on 1/2 price sale at one time, looked well made. Can be difficult finding thick wide well made belts, so bought several because of price and construction. Still on 1st 2 belts years later, they still look like new. Great jeans belt.

I've had expensive carry belts in the past, but I had to replace my most current one after dropping some weight. I bought one of the thick $20 Columbia belts off the rack at Academy Sports just to get by, but was so impressed that I went back and bought the same belt in black a few months later. I'm not against spending money on high-quality products, but the thicker Columbia belts are every bit as comfortable and fit just as secure as specialty belts that are significantly more expensive. Unless you're absolutely positive that you need a specifically designed gun belt, I'd recommend giving one of the thicker Columbia belts a try.
I think it's good to get something inexpensive if you aren't sure what to get. I got an inexpensive carry gun (the Ruger EC9S) and an inexpensive pocket holster; and both have turned out to be decent options. Thing is, if either one (or both) didn't work out, I didn't lose much by trying them out.

Next time I'm in Academy, I'm going to check out their belts. Sounds like an excellent option that I can purchase on the spot.

They will have the leather belt you’re looking for.

Attachments

• 142B8A09-CDE3-49AC-90E6-B2A3526BC02B.jpeg
    142B8A09-CDE3-49AC-90E6-B2A3526BC02B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
I have multiple Hanks belts I use. Very durable and high quality. I have a couple different colors depending on the occasion and pants I am wearing. The only thing I don't care for much is the noise of the buckle when putting it on or taking it off. If I come home later and my wife is sleeping, it is hard to take it off without making noise...lol.

My only concern with the Kore (style) belts is, the screw-attachment for the buckle. I've had other regular belts with that sort of attachment, and the screws have pulled out their holes. Do the Kore units pull out like that? Anyone with one have any experiences to share, as far as longevity?
I have been using them for two years absolutely no problems

Back