testtest

Red Dot for XDS Mod 2 3.3" 9MM

Hello,
New to the forum! I purchased the firearm mentioned above w/o the Crimson Trace optic. I am trying to figure out what optic sight to put on it. I would like one that activates on movement but also does not break the bank. I could not find what type of mounting system it has in trying to do some research on my own. Any help would be appreciated!

James

I like Trijicon and Leupold. As in not breaking the bank Vortex and Holosun would be considered. I have shot with Vortex but do not own one and there have been several discussions on Vortex in general as in a love hate type relationship. I have been very pleased with my Vortex products. Speaking on Trijicon and Leupold, you will pay for those two but they are nice, the Gen 2 Trijicon and the Deltapoint both allow the swap of the battery without removing the dot. The Holosun, from what I have heard from good friends that run em’ really like them and I would most definitely run one if I had another pistol in need of a dot.

Hello,
New to the forum! I purchased the firearm mentioned above w/o the Crimson Trace optic. I am trying to figure out what optic sight to put on it. I would like one that activates on movement but also does not break the bank. I could not find what type of mounting system it has in trying to do some research on my own. Any help would be appreciated!

James
Welcome aboard!

Springfield uses a Shield SMSc for the Hellcat. The RMSc has a better housing and glass but I haven’t had any issues with my SMSc. Don’t have experience with other RDS except Swampfox Sentinel. It’s glass not poly and a good housing. Only suggest with that is an always on manual brightness. Their auto has low light issues they won’t admit exists.

For mounting you’ll need to have your slide milled or use a dovetail rds mount that corresponds to the RDS you choose (screw and lug patterns are different between RDS mfg).

Back