testtest

RemArms in Hot Water with United Mine Workers of America Union.

Sounds like standard business practice, at least from my experience working government contracts. Develop hiring criteria and minimum qualifications, then sign all those willing to accept terms outlined in the letter of offer.

It is always preferable to sign the incumbent workforce. However, I've seen incumbents take up to 35% salary reductions upon rehire.

Last edited:
Well without the Marlin side they don't need the same number of employees, as well as any not needed due to other "old" Rem assets that went elsewhere but were part of the old Ilion workforce.

I think a previous news break showed Ruger hiring ~200 more for a new "Marlin" ?? plant in NC.

Folks can't expect the same work force would be retained when the new Remington firearms business shrank dramatically.

Last edited:
I can see the union's point if Roundhill Group agreed to abide by the previous contract but didn't take workers back by seniority. I'm not familiar with how a bankruptcy effects contract rights; dose it invalidate a union contract?

When I hear/read union, I think Democrat/SJW activist.
Considering union members had to actually be warriors and got their skulls broken or straight up killed by strikebreakers, cops, and the national guard when they fought for a five-day work week and hippy liberal things like "workplace safety," "time to eat" and "not having to work while sick with the flu", they might not object to the warrior part of that.

You're really trying to pick fights with everyone today, aren't you? There are a few union members on here.

Considering union members had to actually be warriors and got their skulls broken or straight up killed by strikebreakers, cops, and the national guard when they fought for a five-day work week and hippy liberal things like "workplace safety," "time to eat" and "not having to work while sick with the flu", they might not object to the warrior part of that.

You're really trying to pick fights with everyone today, aren't you? There are a few union members on here.
Why would you assume that Socratic debate would indicate picking a fight? Is that reasonable and logical in your mind?

Do you really have a degree in history?

You should have studied logic. Extremism and the bandwagon effect are two more logical fallacies in your repertoire of sorely limited debating skills.

Among the most corrupt criminal syndicates in America were labor unions.

Union members were duped by their corrupt, criminal leaders to commit crimes as serious as murder. And you're defending that?

Union leaders were far more concerned with amassing power than protecting workers.

You really should concentrate on refuting theses rather that trying form a bandwagon that no one will join.

I'm guessing that you missed history instruction about the fallacy of assessing historical events outside of the time of the event and the prevailing zeitgeist. It's a very common SJW/Antifa/BLM strategy: judging history out of historical context.

I've never worked in a union job, but I understand the history behind unions in America. A coworker brought me up to date on his experience with unions in the northeast, which weren't favorable in his situation.

benstt said:

Why would you assume that Socratic debate would indicate picking a fight? Is that reasonable and logical in your mind?

Do you really have a degree in history?

You should have studied logic. Extremism and the bandwagon effect are two more logical fallacies in your repertoire of sorely limited debating skills.

Among the most corrupt criminal syndicates in America were labor unions.

Union members were duped by their corrupt, criminal leaders to commit crimes as serious as murder. And you're defending that?

Union leaders were far more concerned with amassing power than protecting workers.

You really should concentrate on refuting theses rather that trying form a bandwagon that no one will join.

I'm guessing that you missed history instruction about the fallacy of assessing historical events outside of the time of the event and the prevailing zeitgeist. It's a very common SJW/Antifa/BLM strategy: judging history out of historical context.

+_7b679f950045d481a1a9f8bf13cfb62f.jpg

NOT....

Hi David,

Unintended consequences of the Wagner Act were criminals belonging to or associated with organized crime seizing control of labor unions leadership. Union workers' pension funds were used to build Vegas to benefit criminal syndicates. Those in control of labor unions extorted contractors and others connected to unionized workers' job descriptions.

Some fifty years ago, one of the bigger labor unions, either Teamsters of ALFCIO, tried to enroll cops in its organization. Cops told them than they'd end up arresting 95% of union leadership.

If you were to search engine crimes committed by organized labor, you'd assuredly learn about how the Wagner Act created opportunities for organized criminals to expand their criminal operations.

Bobby Kennedy went after criminal leaders of organized labor with ferocity. The irony was organized labor in Chicago rigged the 1960 election for JFK's benefit.

From memory alone, USDOJ seized legal control of a dominant labor union as an outcome of a lawsuit. The labor organization was nothing more than a front for organized crime.

Jimmy Hoffa's unsolved murder is believed to have been committed by a labor union leader in effort to retain control of the union in question.

I try to post articles here to promote a good conversation between us, not to induce dis-agreements between members, so, with this happening a lot here recently, maybe it’s time I stop posting such threads. I know people have different opinions, which make a forum like this a great place, but I don’t like it when opinions start getting personal. With this being said, my posting of such material will come to a stop, sorry to have caused any issues here.

I try to post articles here to promote a good conversation between us, not to induce dis-agreements between members, so, with this happening a lot here recently, maybe it’s time I stop posting such threads. I know people have different opinions, which make a forum like this a great place, but I don’t like it when opinions start getting personal. With this being said, my posting of such material will come to a stop, sorry to have caused any issues here.

It's not you Anni. We know who the trouble makers are.

I've never worked in a union job, but I understand the history behind unions in America. A coworker brought me up to date on his experience with unions in the northeast, which weren't favorable in his situation.
Yeah, they aren't perfect. Some of them do a bad job. Others are pretty vital to their members.

Hi David,

Unintended consequences of the Wagner Act were criminals belonging to or associated with organized crime seizing control of labor unions leadership. Union workers' pension funds were used to build Vegas to benefit criminal syndicates. Those in control of labor unions extorted contractors and others connected to unionized workers' job descriptions.

Some fifty years ago, one of the bigger labor unions, either Teamsters of ALFCIO, tried to enroll cops in its organization. Cops told them than they'd end up arresting 95% of union leadership.

If you were to search engine crimes committed by organized labor, you'd assuredly learn about how the Wagner Act created opportunities for organized criminals to expand their criminal operations.

Bobby Kennedy went after criminal leaders of organized labor with ferocity. The irony was organized labor in Chicago rigged the 1960 election for JFK's benefit.

From memory alone, USDOJ seized legal control of a dominant labor union as an outcome of a lawsuit. The labor organization was nothing more than a front for organized crime.

Jimmy Hoffa's unsolved murder is believed to have been committed by a labor union leader in effort to retain control of the union in question.
I mentioned my inexperience on the subject earlier, but do we still need unions at this point in time with guidelines/protections directed by OSHA, DOL, and FLSA among others?

And we should be able to engage in respectful Socratic debate in pursuit of knowledge.

benstt has been stalking and bullying me for the past few days. I'm clueless of his motivation.

Back