testtest

Remembering my Sister

Guys, do you think that our loved ones who have passed visit us in dreams? Sometimes I'll have a dream about a relative that passed years ago that I hadn't thought about for some time that to me is like a visit. Seems strange.
not only do i believe they visit us in our dreams, but for me many times, it's not them, but what they owned..

for instance, i will regularly dream of my dad's '55 chevy 2 tone. i see it drive by me, at the strangest places like at a campground, and i detest camping, never took any of my kids camping either. so why would i be there..??

i dunno, as mentioned by @Bassbob our brains amuse themselves, maybe they ought to take us out for a drink..???

Funny you mention that. My only brother died on sep 18 2017. He was 2 years younger than me. I had a dream about him last night. I dream about him pretty often. Sometimes they make me wake up smiling and other times I wake up feeling like :poop:.

Thanks to this thread last night, I had a dream about my little brother. Not a good one either. It went back to when we were very young and I would push him around in front of my stupid ass friends because I thought it made me look cool. I woke up feeling guilty as hell and missing my brother.

Sorry for the de-rail nmedge and my condolences on the loss of your sister. 4 months in is still in the really tough period. My brother and I weren't particularly close and it still affects me 6 years later. I imagine in your case it's worse. It's not something you'll get over, rather something you learn to live with. My parents are still living and when I lose them I'm not sure how I am going to deal with it. A few years before my brother died my sister lost her oldest daughter at 24 years old from a heroin overdose. So my mother, father and sister all have to deal with losing a child, which I think is unfathomably worse.

The only advice I can give you my friend is to try to always remember the good stuff that way when dreams wake you up in the middle of the night you can feel like you had a nice visit with her instead of waking up in a cold sweat feeling guilty and crappy.

i dunno, as mentioned by @Bassbob our brains amuse themselves, maybe they ought to take us out for a drink..???

It's going to sound strange, but when I was young, as in 15-16 years old, I was convinced dreams meant something. Maybe reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead wasn't a great idea at that age. At the time I almost never remembered my dreams. So I began starting each day by waking up and writing down everything I could remember about my dreams. Before long I was dreaming lucidly ( that is I was able to control my dreams to some degree, like magically will a gun into my hand when I was being attacked or whatever) and I was thoroughly unable to forget anything that happened in my dreams. At that point I began experimenting ( and I guess I still am to a degree some 40 years later)
and I discovered that most times I dreamed about something I could look back and find where I had talked about it or thought about it in recent history. Many times something bad would happen to someone in a dream and when I woke up I would call them to make sure they were alright. Of course they were alright, all this :poop: is merely in my head.

Paying attention to details of dreams you can see where you may dream about a person who has been dead for 35 years and they are interacting with someone you just met a year ago or something. Or perhaps you dream about work at your current job, but you are with people you worked with 20 years ago. Extensive reflection on these things has led me to conclude that certain parts of your brain need to keep functioning during your physical inactivity ( sleep) and since the conscious part of your brain isn't currently engaged in life and creating new experiences, it begins to construct new experiences using all the elements in memory of past experiences.

I'm not trying to tell anyone what to believe or downplay anyone's religious or philosophical tenets, but I am certain what I am saying is true and I would advise you that if you believe dreams have some deeper meaning to at least not spend a whole lot of time dwelling on it just in case it is a monumental waste of your time. The time we have in consciousness, alive is very small and fleeting. Try not to waste too much of it.

Back