testtest

Remington moving global headquarters to Georgia.

All firearms manufacturers should move out of Blue or leaning-Blue states.

Since the Remington break-up I guess this is just the Co. that retained the firearms part of the old company since the other parts have ben scattered about.

All firearms manufacturers should move out of Blue or leaning-Blue states.

Since the Remington break-up I guess this is just the Co. that retained the firearms part of the old company since the other parts have ben scattered about.
i agree, and i live up here in New England. these morons running the states are killing off workers at the knee's, as well as taxes they generate in payroll. like if the states cannot generate lost taxes, how else do they make that up.>??

they tax us even more. yet, those that are against guns, pay higher taxes as well...

so how do they win..???

I feel for the folks that work in these factories. After all some of the companies have deep roots to their respective communities going back many years. In some cases multiple generations have been company employees. I'm sure moving to the new location is a very difficult decision for many to make.

I feel for the folks that work in these factories. After all some of the companies have deep roots to their respective communities going back many years. In some cases multiple generations have been company employees. I'm sure moving to the new location is a very difficult decision for many to make.

I do too. It can be very generational. - Can also uproot and sometimes almost dissolve families lives.
Companies moving from one place to another has disrupted whole sections of the country badly by moving to other countries as well. Relocation can be a real toughy and has been for many manufacturing jobs all through out the whole country. Am pretty sure most good companies seeking to relocate consider that fact. It ain't the money, but yet it is?

Sometimes when a company relocates, they will buy the houses of the employees, so that the employees can move with the company. I'll bet Remington will do that. They need their experienced staff to move with them.

I'll bet most of the staff are glad to have a way out of their blue state.

Have heard that sometimes too. Those are the "good" companies was talking about before. A good employee is another arm of the company. Relocating w/o them could make things difficult in many ways.

i agree, and i live up here in New England. these morons running the states are killing off workers at the knee's, as well as taxes they generate in payroll. like if the states cannot generate lost taxes, how else do they make that up.>??

they tax us even more. yet, those that are against guns, pay higher taxes as well...

so how do they win..???
They or at least they don’t realize that they are loosing every day. I couldn’t wait to move out of Connecticut. Tax you to death state.

Sometimes when a company relocates, they will buy the houses of the employees, so that the employees can move with the company. I'll bet Remington will do that. They need their experienced staff to move with them.

I'll bet most of the staff are glad to have a way out of their blue state.
Knowing Remington first hand they won’t do anything for there current employees as they don’t care about them. Remington is all about the bottom line employees to them are numbers on a ledger sheet.

I was thinking about that during my reading of the thread. During the civil war the north was considered "free" now it's the south it seems.
I know there's a lot more to it but you can see some parallels.
Absolutely. The north is no longer a free state union, Connecticut at one time was filled with gun manufacturers, now it’s a place that people as well as manufacturers of all types are moving away from. The south is becoming the place to be and manufacturers of everything from firearms to aerospace are flocking there.

Remington had already moved a production plant to Huntsville Al, when they went bankrupt, who knows what will happen with that.

Back