testtest

Responsible Gun Owners...NOT!

Oaktree45

Master Class
There was an article in the local newspaper about guns being stolen from unlocked vehicles. Surveillance footage showed a white vehicle with 5 men inside driving through subdivisions checking door handles for unlocked cars. A Glock 43, an S&W Shield, and a Glock 27 were stolen from various vehicles. Who in their right mind leaves a handgun in an unlocked vehicle?

There was an article in the local newspaper about guns being stolen from unlocked vehicles. Surveillance footage showed a white vehicle with 5 men inside driving through subdivisions checking door handles for unlocked cars. A Glock 43, an S&W Shield, and a Glock 27 were stolen from various vehicles. Who in their right mind leaves a handgun in an unlocked vehicle?
"Who in their right mind leaves a handgun in an unlocked vehicle?"

Apparently the total idiots that USED to own those firearms.

Where did this happen?

Freaking morons.

Never used to lock up anything when younger, even vehicles. Parents never did either. Too many people going in and out all times of the day and night, wasn't any problems. People needed to hang out or crash was fine. Not that really need to where living now, but do anyways out of habits picked up along the way in society. Same with home. Once is always too much for some potential problems. So much for society getting better?

its one of those things where people know its "getting bad" but its still kind of fuzzy in their minds....like they think it could never happen to them. They think they are still living in the neighborhood they grew up in where they left the car windows down all night and the front door open etc.

of course, even some "pros" are slow to understand

I guess this needs to be added to info stamped on new guns: Do not leave unattended in a vehicle. To add insult to injury there are those won't miss their pistol when it's stolen, and many don't bother to report it when they can't find it. And if they do report it they don't know what the serial number was. Maybe folks should have to pass an IQ test to purchase a firearm:(

In St. Louis it's not safe to leave a locked vehicle alone!

Absolutely. Most of these incidents don't actually happen in STL proper. These punks come out in stolen cars to the county and the suburbs and troll for unlocked cars. I don't think anyone leaves their car unattended in the city unless it's a complete beater. Not on the north side anyway.

In a couple of our close neighborhoods the Ring cameras constantly record these kind of doings.
One car will drive slow down a road and 3 to 4 guys will walk along and check for locked doors.
Of coarse this is late at night and the recordings are pretty poor because of the dark.
Gotta keep your firearms somewhere besides a car.

We’ve been vacationing and on the road for the past 9 days. One of our overnight stops was near Nashville, TN and on the local news there was a report about guns stolen from vehicles. It shocked me that they reported last year in Nashville the average was 2 guns stolen from cars every day.

Leaving a gun in an unattended car is not what I consider to be responsible gun ownership. Cars are easily stolen and broken into to, and many times made easier because the owner failed to lock the car. You can take all the precautions you want but if your car is stolen, your gun is too.

If I'm going someplace where I won't be able to take my gun with me (Cardinal Baseball Games) then I don't take the gun. Simple as that.

then as to further add insult to injury, thier privilege to buy firearms ought to be suspended for at least one year.

also, maybe an added cost to thier auto insurance policies as well.

until so-called "responsible" gun owners actually BEHAVE like they have a HUGE responsibility, they need to be punished.

i can see civil lawsuits against anyone of them, from the victims of crimes, as those so-called "responsible" gun owners aided and abetted to the crimes.

"Aiding is assisting, supporting, or helping another to commit a crime. Abetting is encouraging, inciting, or inducing another to commit a crime. Aiding and abetting is a term often used to describe a single act."

That's ridiculous. Next you'll want mandatory training and insurance before you're allowed to buy a gun. It's a constitutionally protected natural right. You may have good intentions but so did Wyatt Earp when he made everyone who came into Tombstone turn in their handguns.

A guy works every day deep in the hood where his life has been threatened almost daily. He has a doctor appointment Thursday after work and his doctor is located halfway between the hood and home. He doesn't have time to go home first. He can't carry his gun into the hospital. Does he spend his day at work praying today isn't the day he needs his gun because he left it at home ?

When you get to wondering how it ever got to the point where politicians and activists could ban AR-15s as " Common sense safety measures", right here is your answer. You opened the door and let them stroll on in.

I worked deep in the hood every day for many years and had to deal with punks on a daily basis but the only time I carried was when I had to work at night in the hood. If you're being threatened daily then learn how to deescalate a situation with your mouth instead of a gun.

Use a sick day or vacation day for a doctor's appointment or go without a gun for a day. Another solution is to carry a true pocket pistol and no one will be the wiser. I'm sure your doctor doesn't frisk the patients as they come in. Leaving a gun in an unattended vehicle is totally irresponsible.

That's ridiculous. Next you'll want mandatory training and insurance before you're allowed to buy a gun. It's a constitutionally protected natural right. You may have good intentions but so did Wyatt Earp when he made everyone who came into Tombstone turn in their handguns.

A guy works every day deep in the hood where his life has been threatened almost daily. He has a doctor appointment Thursday after work and his doctor is located halfway between the hood and home. He doesn't have time to go home first. He can't carry his gun into the hospital. Does he spend his day at work praying today isn't the day he needs his gun because he left it at home ?

When you get to wondering how it ever got to the point where politicians and activists could ban AR-15s as " Common sense safety measures", right here is your answer. You opened the door and let them stroll on in.
yes, it might be a constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms.....

that does not mean however, that mandatory training or mandatory insurance cannot ever be amended to that "right"...whether on the federal level or state level.

look at the proposed laws now trying to pass, on all levels, regarding magazine capacity, or how many magazines one can own. look at the proposals for longer, MANDATORY back ground checks....

so yeah, we "have the right to keep and bear arms", but that does not mean many things can't be added to what we have a "constitutional right"......and it would not be "infringement" on our 2A rights.

Back