testtest

Review: Heckler and Koch SP5 PDW

At my recent trip to the LGS, I was talking to a salesman that normally works at their sister store and handles Suppressor purchases along with firearms sales. He was at this store since they were shorthanded and busy, and told me they just sold a MP5 for 25K. If I had only known before it was sold, I may have tried to purchase it myself. Oh well, I may have to settle for the SP5 or this reviewed SP5K model.
Nice link Anni.

Well since this thread deals with the SP5K, I figured I'd post this on the MP5 vs MPX. I have the MPX Copperhead and hope to get a version of one of the MP5/SP5 models.
Hope you don't mind me posting this here Anni. (and even if you do, who cares 😝🤪🤣🤣).

1607995846083.jpeg

What are the ballpark prices we're talking about here?
SP5K, right now, anything under $3k is a good buy.

The Zenith Z5P (license-built clone from Turkey) are usually around $2k...but are going for similar prices to a real HK right now.

PTR makes a 9mm K clone as well, but...I’ve yet to handle one I liked. Those are still under $2k.

SP89...are around $6k the last time I looked.

And MP5’s are $25k+. Just the auto sear is worth $20k (because it’s the exact same part for all of HK’s roller-locked long arms; you can use it in a MP5(9mm), G3/HK91(.308), or a HK93(5.56), as long as you have them registered as “host guns”.

First let me say I am a huge H&K fan. That said as Hans said PTR does make a clone and they are finally back in stock. How close are they to the real thing? According to PTR all the parts are interchangeable. Since I live near PTR in SC I was able to handle one before they were in stock (not for sale) and it is a hell of a gun. List price $1899. BTW 9mm ammo under $30 a box? That would be a good buy these days. My range will sell it for that ONLY for when you shoot there. Lately when I get an "In Stock" notice it is close to $45 a box.

Back