testtest

Review: Kimber RAPIDE Special Edition 1911

Here's a review for our boy Anni :sneaky:. I'd Be interested more in the 10mm version as I already have a Kimber SS Custom II A1 in 45.

1599098375559.gif

Looking around for a true truck gun this is something I’d like to try out. View attachment 9651
I got the 5.25" version Keystone, it's a beauty. I'm also looking for a "Truck Gun" but something less expensive ($300+ range), that wouldn't bother me (money wise), if stolen or confiscated by the police after a shooting. I'm not indicating that I'd be leaving it in the truck long term, just if running into a store or something and if it was taken at that time. I want something in that price range but reliable, I was thinking perhaps the Mossberg MCS1, that I saw it at about $350. I'm open to any suggestions. :unsure:

I got the 5.25" version Keystone, it's a beauty. I'm also looking for a "Truck Gun" but something less expensive ($300+ range), that wouldn't bother me (money wise), if stolen or confiscated by the police after a shooting. I'm not indicating that I'd be leaving it in the truck long term, just if running into a store or something and if it was taken at that time. I want something in that price range but reliable, I was thinking perhaps the Mossberg MCS1, that I saw it at about $350. I'm open to any suggestions. :unsure:
Understand completely. I NEVER leave my weapons in the truck overnight even with the Viper Alarm which will activate just by putting your hand on any of the glass. Heavy thunderstorms also set it off and with the App my cell screams when the alarm goes off.
Yes sometimes annoying. LOL
Anyway I always have a gun on my hip but I understand access to that while seated and belted in can be difficult so I want something to grab quickly. I get having it taken by police if I have to use it but that’s a small price to pay if I can go home at the end.

Understand completely. I NEVER leave my weapons in the truck overnight even with the Viper Alarm which will activate just by putting your hand on any of the glass. Heavy thunderstorms also set it off and with the App my cell screams when the alarm goes off.
Yes sometimes annoying. LOL
Anyway I always have a gun on my hip but I understand access to that while seated and belted in can be difficult so I want something to grab quickly. I get having it taken by police if I have to use it but that’s a small price to pay if I can go home at the end.
Agreed Keystone, but I'd like to get home safe and sound as cheaply as I could :D. Yeah, I carry as well while in my vehicle, I'm just looking for something easier to get to with potentially more capacity (or same), then my carry gun. I'm currently just entertaining the idea and thinking of possibilities.

Agreed Keystone, but I'd like to get home safe and sound as cheaply as I could :D. Yeah, I carry as well while in my vehicle, I'm just looking for something easier to get to with potentially more capacity (or same), then my carry gun. I'm currently just entertaining the idea and thinking of possibilities.
Agreed. Going to be tough to find anything right now anyway without ordering it and waiting which I’m not big on doing.

Agreed. Going to be tough to find anything right now anyway without ordering it and waiting which I’m big on doing.
Yup, went recently to LGS and ask for lower cost & reliable truck gun for $300+. They had none, but I bought a CZ P10S subcompact (too expensive to risk stolen/confiscated options). As we were walking back to register, my salesman buddy point to case at Springfield Saint Victor 300BO Pistol and jokingly says "That would make a good cheap truck gun". I ended up buying that as well, but too expensive for same reasons above. But if SA made and sold that for $350, it would be perfect for that job 😆

Yup, went recently to LGS and ask for lower cost & reliable truck gun for $300+. They had none, but I bought a CZ P10S subcompact (too expensive to risk stolen/confiscated options). As we were walking back to register, my salesman buddy point to case at Springfield Saint Victor 300BO Pistol and jokingly says "That would make a good cheap truck gun". I ended up buying that as well, but too expensive for same reasons above. But if SA made and sold that for $350, it would be perfect for that job 😆
I just sold my Victor 300BO Pistol.

Cool, but I gotta say, that Kimber just ain’t my style...too much bling. Maybe with a darkened barrel, but..the speed holes in the slide just don’t do anything for me, either.

On the subject of car guns...get a vehicle safe. I keep my dedicated “car pistol” in it when I’m not in the cabin, as well as stowing my carry pistol when I have to go someplace where carry is verboten (my work, for example).

Cool, but I gotta say, that Kimber just ain’t my style...too much bling. Maybe with a darkened barrel, but..the speed holes in the slide just don’t do anything for me, either.

On the subject of car guns...get a vehicle safe. I keep my dedicated “car pistol” in it when I’m not in the cabin, as well as stowing my carry pistol when I have to go someplace where carry is verboten (my work, for example).
Yeah, I installed a console vault in my Tacoma for just that reason Hans. It's a little tight, but surprisingly about the same size as my console before it was installed. Without other stuff I keep in there, I could get a compact with 2 spare mags easily. Even with the junk, I can get my Hellcat and double mag pouch in there and just barely close/lock the vault lid.

I spent serious money on a vehicle safe, luckily there was not a gun in it when my truck was broken into as the safe was in pieces. This was before the Viper was installed. Never again. My guns are on me or inside at night.
I agree with you also on the Kimber, holes in the slide and a gold barrel? To much bling. I’m a simple black gun guy.

Back