testtest

Review: New Emissary All-Black 1911 Pistols

why are bull barrels bad ?? Harder to fieldstrip someone said.
yes, dor me anyways and my older hands/fingers, the Bull barrell took a LOT of finger pressure to get the guide rod into position to insert the tiny tool, to hold the guide rod/return spring in place, for removal...

if i can find a video, and one that really shows the way to field strip, i will post..gimme some time for a goof video

It appeals to me in the 4.25 .45acp version but I have a couple of questions. What's the bull barrel issue I see plenty of commenters state they don't like? Also what "tool" is SA referring to that you need to purchase? It doesn't state that it comes in the box along with the 2 mags.
basically a tool as small and thin as a paper clip...

i am searching for a video, a good video, gimme some time.

here is the video......BUT i need to note, on this video it is an easy removal, everything lines up PERFECTLY..

however, on MY Emissary.....???

that God forsaken damn guide rod hole..???

DID NOT LINE UP, as easy as in this video...!!

i had to push the rear of the guide rod with my thumb to line up that hole, to insert the special tool...

at my age, and arthritis, the pain was way too much to do this.

subsequently, after woning the gun a very short time, hardly shooting it....i dumped it.....it was not worth the pain

here is the Emissary.....see how easy the hole is to access..??

MINE was NOT..>!!

the hole did not show as easily as this one, no matter what i did, and i could not pull back the slide anymore

design flaw on early models..??

or just mine was off kilter for easy removal....

dumping it was easier, and as i said, those damn grips had sharp edges, cutting into my palms/fingers...

easier to dump the gun...

Last edited:
yes, dor me anyways and my older hands/fingers, the Bull barrell took a LOT of finger pressure to get the guide rod into position to insert the tiny tool, to hold the guide rod/return spring in place, for removal...

if i can find a video, and one that really shows the way to field strip, i will post..gimme some time for a goof video
I appreciate that, thank you 😊

I just watched the vid on disassembling the emissary someone just sent, thank you. I have to say I’m disappointed in the process of disassembling and using a tool to actually breakdown the whole gun. That’s just wrong to me being it’s a 1911 platform. Just talked myself out of purchasing one. Thanks for the help guys, I’ll look more at the standard 1911’s

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Review: New Emissary All-Black 1911 Pistols” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/black-springfield-emissary-review/.

Always happy to look at new Springfield pistols but to wring all that out of a production pistol that is new only because of black cerakote?

falling asleep.gif

I just watched the vid on disassembling the emissary someone just sent, thank you. I have to say I’m disappointed in the process of disassembling and using a tool to actually breakdown the whole gun. That’s just wrong to me being it’s a 1911 platform. Just talked myself out of purchasing one. Thanks for the help guys, I’ll look more at the standard 1911’s
and that tool, is very easily lost.....this is why you'd want some paper clips with your gun cleaning kit.....

i was lucky, when i sold mine, the tool went with the gun.

and that tool, is very easily lost.....this is why you'd want some paper clips with your gun cleaning kit.....

i was lucky, when i sold mine, the tool went with the gun.
Thx for cueing that vid up. Figured it would just disassemble same as any other; for some, I can see how that extra ‘hole finding’ step would be an issue. Small cosmetic changes to rope in different buyers, I guess. Thx again.

I think all the changes on this 1911 are great but it’s not for me. I’ll stick with the original design. I did just pick up a used never fired pre mil-spec one for 500 Bucks yes the sights are a little tough to see at my age, but it runs flawlessly. I’m sure for social work it will be just fine. The most tricked out 1911 I own is the Garrison, I got it because I can actually see the sights. I do really like the finish and color on this one and think Springfield should offer it in all of their 1911’s.

I think all the changes on this 1911 are great but it’s not for me. I’ll stick with the original design. I did just pick up a used never fired pre mil-spec one for 500 Bucks yes the sights are a little tough to see at my age, but it runs flawlessly. I’m sure for social work it will be just fine. The most tricked out 1911 I own is the Garrison, I got it because I can actually see the sights. I do really like the finish and color on this one and think Springfield should offer it in all of their 1911’s.
the only things i can do without on a 1911, is a rail...it was not originally designed to have one

and only a 1911 in 45 ACP.

my feelings are that why mess with an original?

someone wants a 9mm or super 38?

then build a totally different gun of a different design, and not copy-cat the original.

I like the look of the one with the full length rail, now if it was DA/SA 9mm with a 3" barrel with subcompact sized grips, optics ready.... One day. Ooooh, ...they could call it the "Envoy". This is what happens when you put "Emissary" in the Merriam Webster thesaurus on your computer. Then they could come with an itty-bitty one in .25 and call it the "Delegate." Just skip .380 all together.

It’s not all black but it’s a .45, 5” with 10rd mag. This shoots amazing, very lil recoil do to the bull barrel. A lot lighter than most 1911.
Ps all black is beautiful!

Attachments

• IMG_4502.jpeg
    IMG_4502.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Back